Job Title: Postdoctoral Fellow
Location: Augusta University
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Job ID: 221119
Department Information The Department of Neuroscience and Regenerative Medicine is charged with conducting high-impact original biomedical research and translating the findings to clinical applications, and in educating future physicians and researchers. Our research addresses fundamental questions in neuroscience, cell and developmental biology, endocrinology, and regenerative medicine. Collaborations have been established with clinical departments for studies that investigate various diseases including neurological diseases (stroke, epilepsy, CNS injury, muscular dystrophy, and Guillain-Barre syndrome); psychiatric disorders (schizophrenia and autism); degenerative diseases (osteoporosis); cancer; and endocrinological disorders. Laboratory Info:
The laboratory’s research focuses on micro-RNA mediated mechanisms during neuronal reprogramming in the mouse model of spinal cord injury. Highly motivated applicants with experience in CNS injury model, molecular biology, cell culture, and microscopy are encouraged to apply. For more information, please see (https://www.augusta.edu/mcg/dnrm/faculty/hedonglilabwebsite.php
)Minimum Requirements Ph.D. from an accredited college or university.Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities Ability to maintain confidentialityExcellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skillsDetail-oriented with strong organizational, prioritization and multi-tasking skillsProficient in Microsoft Office and other computer software/databases or willingness to learnAbility to work independently as well as interact with lab mates, complete work and meet deadlinesHighly motivated and committed to achieving excellence in the form of productivity and publicationsResponsibilities A training position designed to learn through engagement in an advanced level of scientific technical and administrative work in support of research efforts in an assigned laboratory or clinical research setting. Participate in research data collection and documentation within relevant guidelines and protocols; develop and evaluate new research techniques and procedures; publish results in scientific journals. Perform a variety of complex chemical, biological, cytologic, confocal microscopic, surgical, statistical/computational and dissection of mice procedures. The responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Participate in project planning and development of research protocols while insuring adherence to accepted scientific research principles and compliance with relevant federal guidelines.
- Analyze results of experiments and procedures using manual or computer techniques and, if necessary, develop special computer programs to facilitate analysis. Teach and participate in complex physiological quantitative analyses and cell culture procedures.
- Coordinate and participate in research of scientific literature; summarize and evaluate findings; develop derivative applications of applications of techniques developed by own research activities or reported by other research projects. Presents findings at scientific meetings locally, nationally, and internationally.
- Compose articles for publication in scientific journals; Review articles prepared by others.
- Supervise and coordinate activities of students, graduate assistants and other research personnel engaged in research activities and/or related laboratory work, Advise principal investigators, other PostDocs, students, and other research personnel on research techniques, procedures, and other technological aspects of research activities.
- Calibrate, troubleshoot, repair and operate microscopes, computer-linked analytical equipment, dedicated computers and other complex scientific equipment; instruct others in operation of equipment.
- Perform all other related duties as assigned.
Shift/Salary Shift: Days/M-F, Work outside of the normal business hours may be required. Salary: $45,000/Annually
Salary to be commensurate with qualifications of selected candidate within the established range (generally minimum-midpoint) of the position Recruitment Period:Conditions of Employment All candidates are required to successfully pass a Background Check review prior to starting with Augusta University.PostDocStatement This position is being posted as a Postdoctoral position; however, dependent upon the selected candidate's education, training, experience and prior job performance, they may qualify for a Postdoctoral or Senior Postdoctoral level.Equal Employment Opportunity Augusta University is proud to be an equal opportunity employer welcoming applicants from underrepresented groups, including individuals with disabilities and veterans.Other Information This position is also responsible for promoting a customer friendly environment and providing superior service to our patients, students, faculty, and employees. "Augusta University is a patient-and family-centered care institution, where employees partner everyday with patients and families for success." Augusta University is a tobacco free environment and the use of any tobacco products on any part of the campus, both inside and outside, is strictly prohibited.
Share this job with your network:
Learn more on Inside Higher Ed's College Page for University