Academic Position – Instructor
University of Colorado – School of Medicine
The Department of Emergency Medicine
The University of Colorado Denver l Anschutz Medical Campus seeks individuals with demonstrated commitment to creating an inclusive learning and working environment. We value the ability to engage effectively with students, faculty and staff of diverse backgrounds.The Department of Emergency Medicine at the University of Colorado School of Medicine is currently recruiting emergency medicine physicians to serve as academic faculty with expertise in: educating learners (students, residents, and fellows), conducting high impact research, and disseminating scholarly activity. The successful candidate may practice clinical subspecialty medicine in one of the following areas: administration and operations, education, wilderness medicine, point of care ultrasound, sports medicine, palliative care, climate change, toxicology, critical care, quality and patient safety or another approved subspecialty. This role includes patient care and bedside teaching, as well as didactic teaching of emergency medicine residents and medical students. The Emergency Department at the University of Colorado Hospital is a 55,000 square foot state of the art facility with 76 treatment areas including a 16-bed observation unit and is a major teaching site for the Denver Health Residency in Emergency Medicine. The University of Colorado Hospital is a 600+ bed quaternary care referral center, level I trauma center, ABA verified burn center, joint commission certified comprehensive stroke center of excellence and is the academic flagship of the University of Colorado Health System. Current ED patient volumes are in excess of 100,000 visits per year with anticipated growth of 1-2% annually. Candidates interested in primarily clinical positions, please apply to the clinical faculty position listed on the CU Careers website under Job ID#. Job Responsibilities include but are not limited to: Clinical Responsibilities:
- Possess a strong dedication to clinical activities, both broadly in emergency medicine and as they relate to an individual’s areas of expertise and experience, including providing care to adult and pediatric patients.
- Participate in clinical activity that will result in promotion as stipulated in the CU School of Medicine Faculty Handbook.
- Serve as an attending in the emergency department at one of the approved sites, including: any affiliated free-standing emergency department, virtual health care, Broomfield Hospital, Highlands Ranch Hospital, or the University of Colorado Hospital.
- Participate in the rotating sick call coverage schedule per departmental or practice site guidelines, if applicable.
- Complete necessary CME per departmental and/or practice site guidelines.
- Serve as a committee member as needed by the Department or practice site on an ad hoc basis.
- Dispense excellent bedside teaching and supervision.
- Participate in didactic education for emergency medicine residents and students.
- Be academically productive publishing at least two peer-reviewed manuscripts or equivalent products of scholarship per year
- Submit applications for federal funding with the goal of anticipated funding within the first 2-3 years of hire
- Publish at least 3 peer-reviewed original research manuscripts per year, understanding that publication cycles are variable and there is a ramp up period.
- Participate in improving patient safety, clinical quality or patient experience.
- Participate in ad hoc and established Department of Emergency Medicine, University of Colorado Hospital, or School of Medicine committees as needed.
The University of Colorado offers a full benefits package. Information on University benefits programs, including eligibility, is located at Employee Services. University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background checks for all new employees prior to their employment. The Immigration Reform and Control Act requires that verification of employment eligibility be documented for all new employees by the end of the third day of work. Alternative formats of this ad are available upon request for persons with disabilities. Your total compensation goes beyond the number on your paycheck. The University of Colorado provides generous leave, health plans and retirement contributions that add to your bottom line. Benefits: https://www.cu.edu/employee-services/benefits.Total Compensation Calculator: https://www.cu.edu/employee-services/total-compensation Diversity and Equity: Please click here for information on disability accommodations: https://www1.ucdenver.edu/offices/human-resources/employee-relations-performance/ada-compliance Office of Equity: https://www1.ucdenver.edu/offices/equity The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
Job Category: Faculty
Primary Location: Aurora
Posting Date: Dec 31, 2020
Unposting Date: Ongoing