DescriptionUniversity of Colorado – School of MedicineDepartment of Medicine/Division of HematologyAdvanded Practice Provider (NP/PA)
The University of Colorado Denver l Anschutz Medical Campus seeks individuals with demonstrated commitment to creating an inclusive learning and working environment. We value the ability to engage effectively with students, faculty and staff of diverse backgrounds.Position SummaryThe Division of Hematology, Blood Cancer and BMT Program at The University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus has an opening for an “as needed” PRN Nurse Practitioner/Physician Assistant for our inpatient unit. The position has the potential to work night coverage, days, weekends and share holiday shifts with other Advanced Practice Providers (APPs). This is subject to change dependent upon the needs of the organization. Professional FieldBone Marrow TransplantSupervision ReceivedReports to the Clinical Director of NP/PA ServicesSupervision ExercisedNoneExamples of Work Performed
- Manage the health care of a select group of patients in the Clinical Cancer Center.
- Perform a comprehensive health assessment, including health history, physical exams, preventive screening; identify medical health risks and needs.
- Formulate the appropriate differential diagnoses based on clinical evaluation.
- Perform, order and/or interpret diagnostic studies within scope of practice and clinical area of practice at University of Colorado Denver.
- Perform advanced technical procedures within the scope of clinical practice.
- Plan and implement therapeutic regimens that include both nursing and medical management strategies, including prescription of medications/devices.
- Establish systematic follow-up for evaluation of the plan of care and reassesses and modify the plan, as necessary, including initiation of referrals and consultation with physicians and other health care providers as appropriate.
- Assure patient and family teaching is adequate to manage the illness or wellness plan at home.
- Facilitate client participation and promote self-care by providing information needed to make decisions and choices.
- Facilitate appropriate utilization of the medical system in a cost effective manner without jeopardizing quality of care and service. May be involved in management of critical pathway and case management across the continuum of care as indicated.
- Participate as a team member in providing healthcare, interacting with professional colleagues to provide comprehensive care as a responsible professional.
- Maintain accurate, legible, and confidential records.
- Participate in active research protocols.
QualificationsKnowledge, Skills, and AbilitiesHighly motivated, self-directed learners who are willing to work a flexible schedule.Minimum Requirements
- Master’s degree in Advanced Practice Nursing OR Physician Assistant Studies
- Licensed as a Registered Nurse in Colorado and admitted as a nurse practitioner to the Advanced Practice Registry of the Colorado Board of Nursing OR Licensed as a Physician Assistant in Colorado
- Currently credentialed as an APN or PA via appropriate national certifying body.
- Eligible to be credentialed by the institutional processes established to provide oversight for advanced professional nurse practice
- Basic Life Saving (BLS) certification
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) certification
- Experience as a Clinical Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant
- Acute Care NP certification
- Prepared to obtain Acute Care NP certification within 2 years.
Job Category: Faculty
Primary Location: Aurora
Posting Date: Dec 30, 2020
Unposting Date: Ongoing