Materials Management Clerk (Deerfield & Ft Lauderdale)
Job location: Deerfield Beach, FL - Fort Lauderdale, FL
Employment Type: Full-time
Posted data: 2020-12-30
Current Employees:If you are a current Staff, Faculty or Temporary employee at the University of Miami, please click here to log in to Workday to use the internal application process. To learn how to apply for a faculty or staff position using the Career worklet, please review this tip sheet.Transforming LivesThe University of Miami is among the top research universities and academic medical centers in the nation, and one of the largest private employers in South Florida.With more than 16,000 faculty and staff, the University strives for excellence, and is driven by a powerful mission to transform and impact the lives of its students, patients, members of the community, and people across the globe.The University is committed to fostering a culture of belonging, where everyone feels valued and has the opportunity to add value. Through values of Diversity, Integrity, Responsibility, Excellence, Compassion, Creativity, and Teamwork (DIRECCT) the U community works together to create an environment driven by purpose, excellence, community, and service.
The Materials Management Clerk reports directly to the Manager, Supply Chain Systems and is responsible for, but not limited to performing the receiving and distribution of inventory items, assisting with restocking the warehouse and delivering supplies to the medical campus and all affiliated hospitals and clinics.
- Checks expiration dates on supplies in inventory and rotates supplies. Removing expired supplies for disposal.
- Assists in the unloading and unpacking of inventory items as they are received.
- Notifies the appropriate managing staff of any issues, such as overstocking and discrepancies.
- Responsible for printing and placement of patient charge labels on all patient chargeable items before re-stocking the warehouse.
- Fills tickets and requisitions, delivers supplies to appropriate location in a timely manner.
- Assures that supplies are charged appropriately on the day of delivery.
- Ensures that receiving and order paperwork is accurate and preserved appropriately.
- Assist with annual and cycle count events as directed by the Shipping and Receiving Manager.
- Assist with the loading and unloading of the department’s delivery truck and bring all supplies and or equipment into the department. Use of a pallet jack may be required.
- Responsible for assuring that all work areas and storage areas are maintained in a safe and proper appearance.
- Complies with all written policy and procedures as outlined in the Warehouse manual.
- Adheres to University and unit-level policies and procedures and safeguards University assets.
- Maintains crash carts on specified floor
- Performs deliveries and other duties as requested by the Shipping and Receiving Manager or the Director of Supply Chain.
- Ability to lift 50 lbs.
VALID FLORIDA DRIVERS LICENSE
The University of Miami offers competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, tuition remission and more.
UHealth-University of Miami Health System, South Florida's only university-based health system, provides leading-edge patient care powered by the ground breaking research and medical education at the Miller School of Medicine. As an academic medical center, we are proud to serve South Florida, Latin America and the Caribbean. Our physicians represent more than 100 specialties and sub-specialties, and have more than one million patient encounters each year. Our tradition of excellence has earned worldwide recognition for outstanding teaching, research and patient care. We're the challenge you've been looking for.
Patient safety is a top priority. As a result, during the Influenza ("the flu") season (September through April), the University Of Miami Miller School Of Medicine requires all employees who provide ongoing services to patients, work in a location (all Hospitals and clinics) where patient care is provided, or work in patient care or clinical care areas, to have an annual influenza vaccination. Failure to meet this requirement will result in rescinding or termination of employment.
The University of Miami is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities are encouraged to apply. Applicants and employees are protected from discrimination based on certain categories protected by Federal law. Click here for additional information.Job Status:Full timeEmployee Type:StaffPay Grade:c101