SEO Strategist, Sr.
Job Title: SEO Strategist, Sr.
Location: Marketing Department
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Job ID: 605176
NAU is a community devoted to student success and sustained by an unshakable commitment to our shared mission, vision, and values. We—faculty, staff, and administrators—thrive by combining our efforts and working side by side to further NAU’s culture of excellence.
For consideration, please include a complete application along with your cover letter and resume.
NAU will not provide any U.S. immigration support or sponsorship for this position.
Furlough/Pay Reduction Program
Northern Arizona University has implemented a salary reduction with personal flex time program in fiscal year 2021, as a result of COVID-19. It is possible for this position to be subject to this program. Details can be found on the HR website.
Northern Arizona University’s Marketing Department is seeking a qualified individual to join our team as an SEO Strategist (Analyst, Sr.). This position is responsible for developing, implementing, and managing effective SEO strategies to increase online engagement and lead generation on the university’s websites. that increase organic lead generation and strengthen NAU’s brand.
TYPICAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manage and execute the university’s SEO program.
- Execute tests, collects, and analyzes data, and identify trends and insights in order to achieve maximum ROI in organic search campaigns.
- Optimize copy and landing pages for search engines.
- Trains/supports internal and university clients on SEO best practices.
- Work with the development team to ensure SEO best practices are properly implemented on newly developed code.
- Work with content and digital teams to drive SEO in content creation and content programming.
- Recommend changes to website architecture, content, linking, and other factors to improve SEO positions for target keywords.
- Communicate with internal clients, internal teams, and management on project development, timelines, and results to meet client goals.
- Perform keyword research in coordination with client business objectives to optimize existing content and uncover new opportunities.
- Research and recommend search engine optimizations, executing across 20 SEO audit types.
- Research and analyze competitor strategies.
- Keep pace with SEO, search engine marketing industry trends and developments.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Three to five years relevant experience, including web writing and editing, content strategy, and website performance/optimization
- One year of experience with Google Analytics and Google Search Console
- Master’s degree in related field.
- Five or more years of web content strategy experience, with at least two years at enterprise scale.
- Three or more years of SEO experience, including developing and executing a strategy designed to bring in qualified traffic that leads to conversions.
- Five or more years of web writing and editing experience.
- Two or more years of project management experience.
- One or more years of content audit experience.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Advanced knowledge of SEO tools and processes, including content strategy.
- Thorough understanding of digital KPIs, including impressions, CTR, conversion rate, bounce rate, pages-per-session, average-time-on-site, and in-bound social media KPIs.
- Working knowledge of higher education website best practices, including website development, design and user experience.
- Knowledge of user experience and customer journey mapping.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Strong planning, organizing, coordinating, and facilitating skills.
- Strong collaboration and interpersonal skills.
- Proficiency in Google Analytics as a tool for content strategy and user experience.
- Proficiency with Google Sheets, Google Data Studio, Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, HTML applications; advanced Excel, and Wordpress skills.
- Expertise with industry tools such as Google Search Console, keyword research tools, tracking tools and ranking tracking.
- Strong skill in writing and editing user-centric web content to optimize SEO and conversion rates.
- Demonstrated ability to improve SEO outcomes using data.
- Demonstrated ability to serve as an effective project lead.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships and lead through influence.
- Ability to analyze complex problems and systems, anticipates issues, and identifies alternative solutions, and recommends approaches.
- Demonstrates strong organizational and analytical capabilities.
- Communicates effectively orally and in writing; creates effective presentations to support recommendations and communicate results.
- Promotes a diverse, inclusive environment.
- Employs attention to detail, balances competing priorities, and effectively multi-tasks in a deadline-driven atmosphere.
- Demonstrates resiliency and balance needed to maintain stamina and positivity. Approaches change and new situations as positive opportunities for learning or growth.
Northern Arizona University requires satisfactory results for the following: a criminal background investigation, an employment history verification and a degree verification (in some cases) prior to employment. You may also be required to complete a fingerprint background check.
Additionally, as an employer in the state of Arizona, NAU is required to participate in the federal E-Verify program that assists employers with verifying new employees' right to work in the United States.
Finally, each year Northern Arizona University releases an Annual Security Report. The report is a result of a federal law known as the Clery Act. The report includes Clery reportable crime statistics for the three most recent completed calendar years and discloses procedures, practices and programs NAU uses to keep students and employees safe including how to report crimes or other emergencies occurring on campus. In addition, the Fire Safety Report is combined with the Annual Security Report for the NAU Flagstaff Mountain Campus and NAU-Fort Defiance as these campuses have on-campus student housing. This report discloses fire safety policies and procedures related to on-campus student housing and statistics for fires that occurred in those facilities.
If you would like a free paper copy of the report, please contact the NAUPD Records Department at (928) 523-8884 or by visiting the department at 525 E. Pine Knoll Drive in Flagstaff.
The budgeted salary amount $63,000 - $70,000.
**The starting salary will be determined by the qualifications of the selected applicant balanced with departmental budget availability, internal salary equity considerations, and available market information.
This position is exempt from the overtime provisions of the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA) and therefore will not earn overtime or compensatory time for additional time worked.
This is a Classified Staff (CLS) position. NAU offers an excellent benefit package including generous health, dental and vision insurance; participation in the Arizona State Retirement System; paid vacation and 10 holidays per year; and tuition reduction for employees and qualified dependents. More information on benefits at NAU is available on the Human Resources benefits website. Classified Staff employees are in a probationary status for their first six months at NAU.
NAU is a tobacco and smoke-free campus.
Employees offered a position will be eligible for state health plans (including NAU's BCBS Plan). New employees are eligible for benefits on the first day of the pay period following their enrollment, after their employment date. Employees will have 31 days from their start date to enroll in benefits. Additionally, new employees will begin participating in the Arizona State Retirement System, and the long-term disability coverage that accompanies it, on the first of the pay period following 6 months after the new employee's start date.
Learning and Development
Your career at Northern Arizona University includes the opportunity for professional development. New employee on-boarding training includes courses to be completed within the first 30 days. If your position includes the supervision of a benefit-eligible employee, we offer the NAU Supervisors Academy for you to complete within your first 2 years.
Open until further notice.
How to Apply
To apply for this position, please click on the "Apply" button on this page. You must submit your application by clicking on the "Submit" button by midnight of the application deadline. If you need assistance completing your application there are instructions available on the Human Resources website or in person in the Human Resources Department located in Building 91 on the NAU Campus - on the corner of Beaver and DuPont Streets.
If you are an individual with a disability and need reasonable accommodation to participate in the hiring process please contact the Office of Equity and Access at: 928-523-3312/TDD - 928-523-1006 or PO Box 4083, Flagstaff AZ 86011.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Northern Arizona University is a committed Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Institution. Women, minorities, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. NAU is responsive to the needs of dual career couples.
NAU is an Employer of National Service. AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other National Service alumni are encouraged to apply.