Assistant Professor/Associate Professor/Professor (Tenure Eligible)
DescriptionUniversity of Colorado Denver l Anschutz Medical CampusCollege of Nursing, Office of Research and ScholarshipJob Title: Assistant Professor/Associate Professor/ProfessorThe University of Colorado Denver l Anschutz Medical Campus seeks individuals with demonstrated commitment to creating an inclusive learning and working environment. We value the ability to engage effectively with students, faculty and staff of diverse backgrounds.The CU College of Nursing is seeking three full-time faculty members in one of the following four areas; Health Care Systems, Biobehavioral Science, Health Disparities, and Palliative Care. Rank and potential award of tenure will depend on the candidate’s qualifications and experience. The University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus is a public education, clinical and research facility serving 4,500 students, and a world-class medical destination at the forefront of life-changing science, medicine, and healthcare. CU Anschutz offers more than 42 highly rated degree programs through 6 schools and colleges, and receives over $500 million in research awards each year. We are the single largest health professions education provider in Colorado, awarding nearly 1,450 degrees annually. Powered by our award-winning faculty, renowned researchers and a reputation for academic excellence, the CU Anschutz Medical Campus drives innovation from the classroom to the laboratory to the delivery of unparalleled patient care. Read CU Anschutz Quick Facts here.Position Summary:The University of Colorado Denver/Anschutz Medical Campus College of Nursing is seeking two full-time faculty members (tenure eligible) in one of the following four areas; Health Care Systems, Biobehavioral Science, Health Disparities, and Palliative Care. Rank and potential award of tenure will depend on the candidate’s qualifications and experience.The candidate’s current and future research focus may include genomics, caring science, pediatrics, women’s health, biological, clinical, behavioral, social, informatics and/or economic research. The successful candidate must be able to work effectively with faculty, staff, students, and community members from diverse ethnic, cultural, and socioeconomic backgrounds.Responsibilities of the Position
- Teach and mentor at both the undergraduate and graduate levels;
- Maintain an active research agenda;
- Secure extramural funding;
- Serve on departmental and university committees;
- Demonstrate a commitment to collaborative inter-professional research; and
- Work with stakeholders in the health, environmental, and social sectors.
- Collaborate with the medical campus colleges/school with appropriate inter-professional research centers.
- An earned doctorate in an appropriate field of science, nursing, social science, or related area;A record of scholarship and experience to qualify for the rank of Assistant Professor, Associate Professor, or Professor in a tenure eligible position; Minimum qualifications for appointment at the rank of Associate Professor include an extensive and continuing body of research published in peer-reviewed scholarly journalsMinimum qualifications for appointment at the rank of Professor include a proven track record of extramural funding, substantial scholarship in peer reviewed journals, national recognition for program of research, and leadership in professional organizations.
- Experience working on an academic medical campus.Master’s in Nursing from an accredited institution.Collaborative research record.Completion of Post-Doctorate by time of hire.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both in writing and orally. Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees at all levels throughout the institution.Demonstrated commitment and leadership ability to advance diversity, equity, and inclusion. Strong problem solving and critical thinking skills
Job Category: Faculty
Primary Location: Aurora
Posting Date: Dec 29, 2020
Unposting Date: Ongoing