Director, Research Compliance
At DePaul University, we are looking for candidates who want to join us in our mission to provide access to education for all. Successful candidates welcome ideas and perspectives from colleagues and students representing a wide variety of cultures, backgrounds, religious beliefs, and experiences. We seek collaborative, open-minded and hard working professionals to work in a real world urban learning environment. Are you exceptional, yet modest and open to challenges? We seek achievers and leaders that want to bring their passion and skills to our well-respected community of approachable colleagues. Build your career with us.
Reporting to the Associate Provost for Research, the Director for Research Compliance manages DePaul's Research Protections Program. The Research Protections Program at DePaul was established to ensure the University's compliance with regulations governing research and other qualifying activities that involve human participants, animals, and/or biohazardous materials. The Research Protections Program consists of three university-wide committees - Institutional Review Board (IRB), Institutional Animal Care & Use Committee (IACUC), and Institutional Biosafety Committee (IBC) made up of faculty members, staff, outside experts, and community representatives, and these committees are administered by the Director for Research Compliance and the Office of Research Services.
Education & Experience
- Master's degree or other advanced degree.
- Experience in animal research procedures.
- Five years of experience in research compliance working with IRB, IACUC and/or IBC, preferably in an academic setting.
- Knowledge of and the ability to interpret and apply federal regulations and guidance pertaining to human subject research, animal research, and biohazardous agents.
- One to two years' supervisory experience.
- Biological background.
- Degrees and/or experiences at the intersection between science, health, and information technology.
- Current Certified IRB Professional (CIP) and Certified Professional IACUC Administrator (CPIA), or willingness to obtain certification within 2 years.
- Experience with Sharepoint and maintaining a website.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and efficiently, as well as manage multiple priorities within the given deadlines.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work in tandem with and provide guidance to faculty members, staff members, and students at varying levels.
- Strong project management and organizational skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Possessing a high level of attention to detail.
- Ability to spend an extended amount of time at a computer.
DePaul University is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, protected veteran status, genetic information or any other legally protected status, in accordance with applicable federal, state and local EEO laws.