Department Assistant, College of Law (Bilingual English/Spanish)
Job Identification: 20
Locations: 1 E. Jackson Blvd, Chicago, IL, 60604, US
Job Schedule: Full time
Job Category: Office & Admin Support
At DePaul University, we are looking for candidates who want to join us in our mission to provide access to education for all. Successful candidates welcome ideas and perspectives from colleagues and students representing a wide variety of cultures, backgrounds, religious beliefs, and experiences. We seek collaborative, open-minded and hard working professionals to work in a real world urban learning environment. Are you exceptional, yet modest and open to challenges? We seek achievers and leaders that want to bring their passion and skills to our well-respected community of approachable colleagues. Build your career with us.
The Department Assistant performs a variety of clerical, secretarial, and administrative support duties for the College of Law such as maintaining records and files, composing and editing correspondence, data entry, and office management.
Responsibilities & Duties
- Provides clerical and administrative assistance to clinical programs, as assigned by the Associate Dean or Experiential Learning Coordinator.
- Prepares client and clinic documents and court filings including copying, filing, maintenance of records.
- Obtains research materials.
- Supports classroom needs including providing D2L support for clinics.
- Distributes mail.
- Drafts correspondence.
- Makes room reservations, ensures proper technical and AV equipment is available, and handles catering requests.
- Assists the Experiential Learning Coordinator with department-wide tasks.
- Orders supplies and equipment.
- Updates the website.
- Coordinates program-wide marketing and communications and assistance with program recruitment and enrollment.
- Records and reports student time sheets in coordination with University Financial Services.
- Works with faculty and students to interpret or translate conversations with clients or other officials from English to Spanish.
- Assists students and clients with operational and scheduling issues concerning the clinics. Provides front desk reception support.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education & Experience
- Requires a high school diploma.
- Bilingual English/Spanish.
Other Skills & Abilities Required
- Excellent communication skills.
- Patient and detail-oriented person who can interact with faculty and staff in a pleasant and cooperative manner.
- Ability to work under pressure of deadlines.
- Intermediate knowledge of Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and TypePad.
- Sufficient computer skills to be able to input information into a computer case management system.
DePaul University is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, protected veteran status, genetic information or any other legally protected status, in accordance with applicable federal, state and local EEO laws.