Director, Award Management
Job Identification: 15
Locations: Schmitt Academic Center, Chicago, IL, 60614, US
Job Schedule: Full time
Job Category: Research & Program Admin
At DePaul University, we are looking for candidates who want to join us in our mission to provide access to education for all. Successful candidates welcome ideas and perspectives from colleagues and students representing a wide variety of cultures, backgrounds, religious beliefs, and experiences. We seek collaborative, open-minded and hard working professionals to work in a real world urban learning environment. Are you exceptional, yet modest and open to challenges? We seek achievers and leaders that want to bring their passion and skills to our well-respected community of approachable colleagues. Build your career with us.
The Award Management Director reports to the Associate Provost for Research. The major responsibilities of the Award Management Director are: To assist in the development and revision of policies related to research and scholarship; To provide oversight for externally funded projects to ensure compliance with federal, state and local regulations; To encourage major inter-institutional and public-private partnerships. This position will provide leadership and guide ORS to meet each of these responsibilities and to foster an environment conducive to research and other scholarly and creative activities.
Education & Experience
- At least ten years of experience in grant management/administration (academic setting preferred).
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with faculty of diverse disciplines, senior university staff, and officials of funding agencies.
- Familiarity with institutional grants and with community service grants.
- Ability to provide strong leadership to an established office.
- Familiarity with grant accounting practices and with budgetary and fiscal requirements of federal agencies.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Familiarity with federal research compliance issues, including, but not limited to, human subjects, animal care and welfare, scientific misconduct, conflict of interest, intellectual property and others.
- Minimum educational requirements are a Master's degree; terminal degree.
Illinois Department of Children & Family Services (DCFS)
Illinois Abused and Neglected Child Reporting Act
Title IX Contact Information
Federal Title IX policy requires that all colleges and universities make known the contact information for the person responsible for coordinating its efforts to comply with Title IX responsibilities. At DePaul University, the Title IX Coordinator is Kathryn Statz. Her office is located in Lincoln Park on the 3rd floor of the Student Center, 2250 N. Sheffield Avenue. She can be reached at 312-362-8970, or [email protected]
DePaul University is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, protected veteran status, genetic information or any other legally protected status, in accordance with applicable federal, state and local EEO laws.