Help Desk Specialist
Job Identification: 17
Locations: 1 E. Jackson Blvd, Chicago, IL, 60604, US
Job Schedule: Full time
Job Category: Information Technology
At DePaul University, we are looking for candidates who want to join us in our mission to provide access to education for all. Successful candidates welcome ideas and perspectives from colleagues and students representing a wide variety of cultures, backgrounds, religious beliefs, and experiences. We seek collaborative, open-minded and hard working professionals to work in a real world urban learning environment. Are you exceptional, yet modest and open to challenges? We seek achievers and leaders that want to bring their passion and skills to our well-respected community of approachable colleagues. Build your career with us.
The Help Desk Specialist provides first point-of-contact for assistance with all DePaul-supported applications, operating systems, hardware and voice/data network services. This position diagnoses customer issues to determine appropriate solution or escalation path. The Help Desk Specialist performs responsibilities in a highly professional and courteous manner.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science.
- 2+ years of experience with end-user support.
Certifications & Licenses
- Certified Help Desk Analyst certification from HDI or completion within 6 months of hire.
- Ability to function independently in a remote work environment.
- Ability to utilize modern team communication tools (Teams, Zoom, Skype, etc.) to coordinate and collaborate with remote team members.
- Advanced knowledge of all DePaul University supported Mac and Window based software applications, including Microsoft Office suite, Internet Browsers, and core enterprise applications.
- Intermediate knowledge of PC hardware and software.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to troubleshoot effectively, including nonstandard applications that may be in use.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to listen and ask probing questions of the user to diagnose the problem correctly is necessary.
- Able to speak in a calm, unemotional, clear manner and articulate clear instructions to the end-user.
- Maintains a high level of technical and customer service skills.
- Working knowledge of wired and wireless network connectivity and core enterprise-wide application functionality.
- Working knowledge of the university's structure and departments is necessary within 6 months of employment.
DePaul University is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, protected veteran status, genetic information or any other legally protected status, in accordance with applicable federal, state and local EEO laws.