Health Center Adjunct Faculty - X-ray
Job DetailsJob Location Life Chiropractic College West HQ - Hayward, CAPosition Type Part TimeEducation Level Chiropractic DCDescription PURPOSEAs this is a teaching facility, it is the primary focus of this institution to instruct our students/interns so that they may enter the profession with sufficient knowledge and skill to be able to perform required skills and procedures independently, proficiently and safely. It is the responsibility of the Health Center Adjunct Faculty Doctor at Life Chiropractic College West Health Center to assist and instruct the interns in the aspects of patient care including history taking, physical examination, appropriate imaging and lab decisions, diagnosis, communication with patients, regular care of the patient through the adjustment and any ancillary procedures that are deemed necessary.A Health Center Adjunct Faculty-X-ray works in the imaging department and assists with the production of radiographic images of student patients and outpatients. The Adjunct Doctor will assist, assess interns’ ability to position and take x-ray images.ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Ensure that x-rays are performed within the accepted standards and in accordance with the law in the state of California, Federal Regulation, and the LCCW Health Center policies and procedures.
- Must be available in the Health Center Imaging Department during the scheduled hours.
- Participate in college functions per the CBA.
- Participate in Health Center faculty development activities.
- Participate in Health Center faculty meetings if such occurs during scheduled hours.
- Teach and assess required skills and competencies as described by the CCE and per LCCW protocols.
- Must have a D.C. from a CCE accredited Chiropractic College.
- Must have a current license to practice chiropractic in the State of California.
- Must have a current x-ray operator’s permit
- Must have a clear record with the Board of Chiropractic Examiners in this state and all others where licenses are or have been held.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office Suites.
- Command of the English language is required, second language may be helpful.
- Teaching experience is preferred.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills
- Excellent people and management skills
- Ability to multi-task and problem solve
- Must be self-motivated
- Malpractice insurance for all LCCW Health Center related activities.
- Office space to include a desk, phone and computer.
- Work performed in a general office environment.
- This shall include, but not be limited to, adequate ventilation and temperature control, lighting, security, and protection at all College facilities, and properly maintained buildings, clinics, offices, and classrooms.