Data Concierge Analyst
Job location: Charlottesville, VA
Employment Type: Full-time
Posted data: 2021-01-11
Do you believe that data has the power to create great outcomes and make a positive impact in our community? Want to join a team committed to improving teaching, research, public service, and health care at one of the foremost universities and hospitals? The People Analytics Team in UVA HR invites you to apply to join our team. We seek a “Data Concierge [Analyst]” to serve as our team’s interpreter for those seeking answers to their most pressing business questions. To succeed in this role, you need to be energetic, resourceful, inquisitive, analytically minded, and a great team player. We promise that you will interact with some of the most passionate, intelligent, committed, and curious data professionals in higher education and health care. We’re also committed to helping you build your career in analytics with access to modern tools, best practices, and excellent training. Sound interesting? Read on to see other details of the position, and if your curiosity is piqued, please apply!
Data and Reporting Requests
- Monitor and respond to requests for data as received by UVA HR
- Work to ensure accurate and timely fulfillment of data requests per University policy
- Properly document approvals and signoff for data release requests
- Ensure comprehension and adherence to ethical use guidelines for privacy and confidentiality of faculty and staff data
- Monitor and respond to requests for new Workday Reports or Workday Reporting Enhancements
- Create and edit Workday reports as a Workday Report Writer
- Engage in outreach activities to improve the University community’s data literacy around HR datasets
- Improve documentation and user experience for Workday HR Reporting
- Facilitate regular audits to ensure accuracy of scheduled reports and governance of Workday Reporting Inventory
People Analytics Projects
- Provide input and testing for ongoing People Analytics projects
- Collect requirements for enhancements and updates to existing People Analytics solutions
- Interact with end users to identify opportunities for training and improvements of the People Analytics portfolio
- Candidate must have excellent communication skills and proven customer service mindset
- Candidate must have successfully analyzed and presented data to stakeholders in a school or office setting
- Candidate must demonstrate a commitment to professional development and a learning mindset
- Candidate must be able to partner and collaborate across UVA to drive results and outcomes
- Experience with Human Resources related datasets in Higher Education and/or Healthcare.
- Prior reporting experience in Workday or other Enterprise Human Resource Systems
- Experience using Excel or SQL for data analysis
- Experience developing technical training materials
A Bachelor's degree with two years of relevant experience, or a Master's degree with one year of relevant experience is required; five years of relevant experience may substitute for a degree. The anticipated hiring range for this position is $50,000-70,000. Preference will be given to applications received by January 21, 2021. The successful candidate will pass a background check. PROCESS FOR INTERNAL UVA APPLICANTS: Please apply through your Workday Home page, search “Find Jobs,” and search for ‘R0020661’ Complete an application online and attach a cover letter, resume, and contact information for three references (name, email address, telephone number, address). PROCESS FOR EXTERNAL UVA APPLICANTS: Please visit UVA job board https://uva.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/UVAJobs, search for 'R0020661,' complete the application and attach a cover letter, resume, and contact information for three references (name, email address, telephone number, address). Please note that multiple documents can be uploaded in the box. Applications that do not contain all of the required documents will not receive full consideration. For information regarding the position or the application process, please contact Michele Jarman at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This is primarily a sedentary job involving extensive use of desktop computers. The job does occasionally require traveling some distance to attend meetings, and programs.
The University of Virginia, including the UVA Health System which represents the UVA Medical Center, Schools of Medicine and Nursing, UVA Physician’s Group and the Claude Moore Health Sciences Library, are fundamentally committed to the diversity of our faculty and staff. We believe diversity is excellence expressing itself through every person's perspectives and lived experiences. We are equal opportunity and affirmative action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, national or ethnic origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, veteran status, and family medical or genetic information.