Sr. Manager, Financial Planning & Analysis
Job location: Miami, FL
Employment Type: Full-time
Posted data: 2021-01-06
Current Employees:If you are a current Staff, Faculty or Temporary employee at the University of Miami, please click here to log in to Workday to use the internal application process. To learn how to apply for a faculty or staff position using the Career worklet, please review this tip sheet.Transforming LivesThe University of Miami is among the top research universities and academic medical centers in the nation, and one of the largest private employers in South Florida.With more than 16,000 faculty and staff, the University strives for excellence, and is driven by a powerful mission to transform and impact the lives of its students, patients, members of the community, and people across the globe.The University is committed to fostering a culture of belonging, where everyone feels valued and has the opportunity to add value. Through values of Diversity, Integrity, Responsibility, Excellence, Compassion, Creativity, and Teamwork (DIRECCT) the U community works together to create an environment driven by purpose, excellence, community, and service.
The department of Medical Finance is actively seeking a full-time Sr. Manager, Financial Planning & AnalysThe Sr. Manager, Financial Planning & Analysis coordinates financial and clinical support services. This role researches, designs, negotiates and executes financial decision support projects with clinical and administrative staff. The incumbent supervises a team of analysts supporting the following areas: Budgeting, Cost Accounting, Clinical Resource/Staffing Productivity Management, and Financial Planning. He/she will function as the team leader for start-up activities and new programs initiated by the hospital. Responsibilities require close interaction with physicians and department directors/managers regarding interpretation of financial data.
- Creates and conducts highly sophisticated analysis of spend vs budget vs predicted demand to guide decision-making and change within UHealth IT.
- Manages, develops, and maintains decision support system to ensure availability of accurate and timely cost, and utilization data used by all levels of management within UHealth IT.
- Works with all levels of the institution in the strategic decision-making process while maintaining the required degree of confidentiality and professionalism for UHealth IT annual capital and operating budget.
- Maintains accuracy and data integrity in the UHealth IT budget tracking decision support system.
- Works with finance organization to build budget outcome model to finely manage the performance to budget outcome for UHealth IT.
- Implements and maintains resource utilization systems across UHealth IT.
- Maintains regular communication with department managers in regards to labor standards.
- Utilizes financial and decision support systems to perform complex financial evaluations of new programs, including assessment of: volume, operating costs, capital requirements and the financial structure in accordance with UHealth policies and procedures.
- Prepares and/or validates assumptions, complex calculations, schedules and other documentation in developing the UHealth IT annual capital and operating budgets.
- Communicates with departments in order to resolve various budget-related financial problems and procedures.
- Assists directors/managers in understanding variances from budget and documents new issues that impact the current and future budget developments.
- Ensures internal control oversight and compliance with laws and regulations, safeguarding of assets, compliance with University policies and procedures, reliability of internal and external reporting, and efficiency and effectiveness of operations.
- Creates an effective control environment, conducts risk assessment, implements and monitors controls.
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field required, CPA preferred
- Minimum 5 years of relevant experience required
Knowledge, Skills and Attitudes:
- Ability to direct, manage, implement, and evaluate department operations.
- Ability to establish department goals and objectives that support the strategic plan.
- Knowledge of generally accepted accounting procedures and principles.
- Knowledge of budget control methods, policies, and procedures.
- Ability to analyze, consolidate, and interpret accounting data.
Any appropriate combination of relevant education, experience and/or certifications may be considered.
The University of Miami offers competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, tuition remission and more.
UHealth-University of Miami Health System, South Florida's only university-based health system, provides leading-edge patient care powered by the ground breaking research and medical education at the Miller School of Medicine. As an academic medical center, we are proud to serve South Florida, Latin America and the Caribbean. Our physicians represent more than 100 specialties and sub-specialties, and have more than one million patient encounters each year. Our tradition of excellence has earned worldwide recognition for outstanding teaching, research and patient care. We're the challenge you've been looking for.
Patient safety is a top priority. As a result, during the Influenza ("the flu") season (September through April), the University Of Miami Miller School Of Medicine requires all employees who provide ongoing services to patients, work in a location (all Hospitals and clinics) where patient care is provided, or work in patient care or clinical care areas, to have an annual influenza vaccination. Failure to meet this requirement will result in rescinding or termination of employment.
The University of Miami is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities are encouraged to apply. Applicants and employees are protected from discrimination based on certain categories protected by Federal law. Click here for additional information.Job Status:Full timeEmployee Type:StaffPay Grade:c108