School of Medicine:
Established in 1930, Duke University School of Medicine is the youngest of the nation’s top medical schools. Ranked tenth among its peers, the School takes pride in being an inclusive community of outstanding learners, investigators, clinicians, and staff where traditional barriers are low, interdisciplinary collaboration is embraced, and great ideas accelerate translation of fundamental scientific discoveries to improve humanhealth locally and around the globe.
Comprised of 2,400 faculty physicians and researchers, the Duke University School of Medicine along with the Duke University School of Nursing and Duke University Health System create Duke Health. Duke Health is a world-class health care network. Founded in 1998 to provide efficient, responsive care, the health system offers a full network of health services and encompasses Duke University Hospital, Duke Regional Hospital, Duke Raleigh Hospital, Duke Primary Care, Private Diagnostic Clinic, Duke Home and Hospice, Duke Health and Wellness, and multiple affiliations.
Work with teams of Researchers and Scientists providing bioinformatics training, consulting, applications support and development.
- Provide training on bioinformatics-related concepts, applications and tools. Collaborate and consult with researchers to analyze problems,recommend technology based solutions, and design computational strategies for a wide range of biological research.
- Contribute to the design, development, implementation, and testing of biocomputing tools as part of the Center or department computational biology and genomics programs.
- Develop computational tools in biology that use genomic data to generate biological hypotheses.
- Initiate interdisciplinary collaborations with other centers or departments.
- Ensure completion of deliverables and adherence to timelines.
- Analyze and resolve issues that have the potential to jeopardize performance and/or ability to meet agreed upon deliverables.
- Recommend new business opportunities, new systems and processes,and improvements in operations. Implement operational improvements approved by senior management.
- Perform any other related duties incidental to the work described herein.
- The above statements describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this classification. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties required of personnel so classified.
Work requires a B.S. in Bioinformatics or the Biological Sciences with demonstrable computational skills; or a B.S. in Computer Science with a strong interest in Biology/Genomics. M.S. preferred.
OR AN EQUIVALENT COMBINATION OF RELEVANT EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
Duke is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Duke aspires to create a community built on collaboration, innovation, creativity, and belonging. Our collective success depends on the robust exchange of ideas—an exchange that is best when the rich diversity of our perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences flourishes. To achieve this exchange, it is essential that all members of the community feel secure and welcome, that the contributions of all individuals are respected, and that all voices are heard. All members of our community have a responsibility to uphold these values.
Essential Physical Job Functions: Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System may include essentialjob functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.