Research and Lab Coordinator
Research and Lab Coordinator
Under the supervision of the Lab Director, performs various administrative, and research duties for the Craniofacial Research Instrumentation Lab (CRIL) as requested by the director and co-director.
1. Assist pre-doctoral students, residents, and faculty in research activities including data acquisition, operation of data-manipulation software and hardware, and maintenance of backup and archival libraries; schedule and monitor use of the lab’s computers and associated devices; provide low-level technical support; answer inquiries as needed.
2. Assist in the creation and distribution of CRIL research materials; assist in acquiring and processing data from written and physical records including digital x-ray and photographic images; collect, process, and archive data using commercial and locally-developed software; maintain computer backups.
3. Assist in the preparation of presentations and publications; conduct literature searches for relevant data and references; create graphics and illustrations; prepare tables; transcribe data and text as needed.
4. Answer telephones; receive visitors; schedule appointments; respond to inquiries; attend staff meetings; orient visiting scholars/ graduate students/residents to CRIL lab protocols.
5. Order office and laboratory supplies; process invoices and expense reimbursements; prepare purchase orders, requisitions, checks requests and other financial paperwork.
6. Maintain and update digital and paper filing systems; maintain archival storage and retrieval procedures for CRIL.
7. Coordinate research meeting schedules for faculty, staff, and students.
8. Coordinate travel arrangements and reimbursement paperwork; make room/equipment reservations for meetings/seminars for the CRIL department.
9. Perform other duties as assigned by the Laboratory Director, Co- Director or designee.
1. Office methods and procedures.
2. Intermediate Microsoft Office Software Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook), Adobe Photoshop.
1. Operate common office machines including computers, scanners, printers, and copiers.
2. Compose, type, edit, and proofread correspondence.
1. Minimum of two years administrative experience.
1. High School Diploma or equivalent.
1. Work independently and as a member of a team; actively demonstrate an attitude of willing service and teamwork.
2. Learn and implement new skills quickly. Be flexible and adaptive to changes in departmental needs.
3. Manage time, organize duties/assignments, set priorities to meet multiple deadlines.
4. Maintain precise attention to detail while working effectively and accurately with multiple interruptions.
5. Project a professional image and demonstrate strong, effective communicative and interpersonal skills.
6. Communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
1. Previous experience in an academic or data research setting desirable.
Bachelor degree preferred.
1. Position is five (5) days per week, seven and one half (7.5) hours per day.
The physical demands described here are representative but not definitive of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Work performed is primarily general office/administrative with frequent use of computer keyboard, mouse and phone. Requires sitting majority of the working day; occasional standing, bending, reaching and walking.
2. Occasional lifting of up to 25 lbs should be anticipated.
Hiring Range: 29.48 per hour
Background Check Statement:
All applicants who receive a conditional offer of employment are required to execute a release and authorization for a background screening.
To apply, visit https://pacific.peopleadmin.com/postings/18289
University of the Pacific is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency