Development/Alumni Association Assistant
Development/Alumni Association Assistant
Under the general supervision of the Associate Dean of Institutional
Advancement, performs administrative duties in support of the Associate Dean for Institutional Advancement, Development and Alumni Association teams.
1. Provide event planning and logistics support for the Development and Alumni Association departments. Coordinate mailing of invitations, track RSVPs, produce name tags, make catering and location/room arrangements, order AV for events, and correspond with attendees; provide volunteer coordination and other event planning activities associated with both small- and large-scale events.
2. Perform general administrative duties to include receiving visitors, answering telephones, filing, copying and opening/distributing mail, processing invoices and reimbursements. Perform research in all data systems including entering contact reports for staff. Perform database research post alumni contacts, handle membership recruitment projects, and assist with mass mailings. Update records of students when they become alumni upon graduation.
3. Maintain strict confidentiality of alumni, donor, prospect, student, and prospective student records. Process membership dues and event payments/registrations into approved systems.
4. Coordinate and/or assist in committee meeting and department team meeting planning, to include room (or Zoom) arrangements, catering, AV requirements and correspondence with speakers and attendees.
5. Proofread and edit materials.
6. Prepare reporting associated with event sand meeting activities.
7. Perform all other duties as assigned by the Associate Dean of Institutional Advancement or designee.
1. Event planning and implementation.
2. Intermediate Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Outlook. Advanced Microsoft Excel.
3. Principles of business letter writing.
4. Fundraising or event management database software, including CashNet, BANNER and iModules.
5. Office methods, practices and procedures.
Minimum of two years event planning and coordination experience.
High School diploma or equivalent.
1. Demonstrate excellent organizational skills.
2. Project a professional image and demonstrate strong, effective communicative and interpersonal skills with all constituencies.
3. Demonstrate excellent written communication skills.
4. Manage time, organize duties/assignments, and set priorities to meet multiple deadlines.
5. Work independently as well as a member of two teams.
6. Maintain high level of confidentiality of materials and information.
7. Maintain precise attention to detail while working effectively and accurately with multiple interruptions.
8. Operate a variety of office/business machines to include computer, fax machine, copier, and printers.
9. Actively demonstrate an attitude of willing service and teamwork
Experience within a donor relations or educational institution highly desirable.
The physical demands described here are representative but not definitive of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Work performed is primarily general office/administrative with frequent use of computer keyboard, mouse, and phone.
2. Requires sitting majority of the working day; occasional standing, walking, bending, and reaching.
3. Occasional lifting of up to 15 pounds.
1. Position is 7.5 hours per day, five days per week.
2. Must be available for occasional weekend and evening duties.
Hiring Range: Commensurate with experience
Background Check Statement:
All applicants who receive a conditional offer of employment are required to execute a release and authorization for a background screening.
To apply, visit https://pacific.peopleadmin.com/postings/18290
University of the Pacific is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency