Assistant Professor, Data Science/Statistics
Assistant Professor, Data Science/Statistics
Texas A&M University - Corpus Christi
S&E - Math/Statistics Sciences
Proposed Minimum Salary
Corpus Christi, Texas
The Department of Mathematics and Statistics in the College of Science and Engineering at Texas A&M University-Corpus Christi invites applications for a full-time tenure-track Assistant Professor of Data Science/Statistics to begin fall 2021. The department seeks a dynamic colleague committed to fostering teaching and research excellence, and student development in a program that values creativity, collaboration, learner-centered pedagogy, and diversity. The new faculty member will join a collaborative group of 25 mathematics, statistics, data science, and mathematics education faculty who serve the entire campus community. Primary teaching responsibilities will be teaching mathematics/statistics/data science courses at different levels including interdisciplinary doctoral and master programs. Other duties include service at the department, college, and university level as well as the service to the professional community.
The successful candidate will support the BS and MS in mathematics, and proposed MS and Ph.D. programs in Data Science, maintain an active research agenda, and supervise graduate students. Faculty teach nine contact hours per semester, however those actively supporting PhD students teach 6 contact hours per semester. The new faculty member will be expected to be successful in scholarly activities through publications, grant writing, and collaboration with the faculty in our department, college, and university.
The Department of Mathematics and Statistics in the College of Science and Engineering prepares the university's students to use mathematics, statistics, and upcoming field of data science intelligently in their chosen fields of study and to understand mathematics/statistics/data science as it affects their lives and participation in public affairs. The Department participates in interdisciplinary Ph.D. programs offered by the College and is currently developing its own interdisciplinary MS and Ph.D. programs in Data Science.
The BS in Mathematics, as well as the MS in Mathematics Program has three tracks: Applied Mathematics, Statistics, and Math Education, and provides their students with preparation for careers in education, science, and commerce, as well as a solid foundation for further study in several disciplines. Our Department is active in a variety of research areas across statistics/data science/mathematical disciplines, including Big Data, Circular Statistics, Spatial Statistics, Time Series, Missing Data, Applied Statistics, Machine Learning, Dimensionality Reduction, Network Analysis, Statistical Genomics, Biostatistics, Data Science, Mathematical Modeling Analysis, Ring Theory, Modeling, Differential Equations, Fluid Dynamics, Elasticity, Electro and Magneto- Statics, Porous Media, Fracture Theory, Optimal Control, and Mathematics Education. We also serve our community by providing expertise to local schools, industries, and businesses.
- Ph.D. in Mathematics, Data Science, or Statistics. Advanced ABD will be considered; degree must be conferred by the time of appointment.
- An ongoing scholarly agenda in data science and/or statistics appropriate for a tenure-track position.
- Evidence of effective classroom instruction in data science or statistics courses.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate effectively with colleagues in performing professional service.
- Breadth and depth of data science, or statistical knowledge.
- Experience with grant work or grant writing.
- Publications in scholarly journals.
- Evidence of ability to work with diverse student populations at the college level.
- Experience advising graduate and/or doctoral students.
TO APPLY: http://hr.tamucc.edu/Job_Opportunities/
All requested documents must be uploaded to be considered for the position.
A completed application will include:
1. A letter of interest addressing qualifications for the position.
2. A current curriculum vitae.
3. A statement of teaching philosophy and research.
4. Copies of unofficial transcripts of all graduate coursework.
5. A list of three professional references with names, titles, phone numbers, and email addresses- including a current or previous supervisor.
The job posting will remain open until a finalist has been selected. Applicants are encouraged to apply by Friday, January 29, 2021.
All positions are security-sensitive. Applicants are subject to a criminal history investigation, and employment is contingent upon the institution's verification of credentials and/or other information required by the institution's procedures, including the completion of the criminal history check.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer committed to diversity.
To apply, visit https://tamus.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/TAMUCC_External/job/Corpus-Christi-TAMUCC/Assistant-Professor--Data-Science-Statistics_R-033893
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency