At Amarillo College, our students are the priority. It is our mission and our responsibility to enrich their lives by helping them identify an educational pathway that will lead to success in life. It is therefore required that every team member, regardless of job title or duties, be responsible, first and foremost, for assisting students in every way.
We are currently seeking a Part Time Orientation Coordinator who will adhere to the aforementioned mission statement and who will assist in developing, implementing, coordinating, and evaluating the program orientation process. The qualified candidate will also provide information and assistance for prospective and current students, campus visitors and the public.
This is a Grant Funded Position; Continued Employment is Contingent on Grant Renewal and Funding
GENERAL QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS
Required: Associate's Degree.
- Experience in Public Relations.
- Orientation or Admissions experience
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to work well with a team or independently.
- Current Microsoft Office Skills (Word, Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint).
- Knowledge of proper spelling, grammar, punctuation, and sentence structure of written and promotional materials.
- Proficient Communication Skills (Interpersonal, Verbal, and Written).
- Strong Organizational and Collaboration Skills.
- Supervisory Skills.
- Effective Presentation Skills and Task Prioritization.
- Active Listening Skills.
- Ability to Evaluate Programs.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Administers orientation programs for new students entering the Adult Education program.
- Coordinates special campus tour programs, and other programs.
- Assumes primary responsibility for recruiting, follow-up, and providing next steps to incoming students.
- Maintains accurate and current data, computer resources, scheduling process and staffing for all orientations.
- Prepares, compiles, and analyzes new student orientation process for prospective student.
- Assists in preparing and revising media presentations, publications, training manuals, and reports used by the Career Ready You (CRU).
- Represents the department at on campus and off campus events, and on committees as needed.
- Serves as a resource regarding all aspects of the Adult Education Program for prospective, new and current students, for the public, and for the student staff.
- Works independently and as part of a team to achieve program and organizational goals.
- Required to maintain a high level of professional at all times, especially when dealing with resistance or hostility, and to provide an exemplary level of customer service to all internal, external customers, vendors, community leaders, etc.
- Participate in and complete performance assessments/evaluations as assigned.
- Perform other related duties as required.
- As an Amarillo College employee, seek knowledge of and pledge to actively engage in a culture of caring striving to serve students, peers and the community by embracing the AC Core Values: Wow, Family, Fun, Innovation, and Yes!
Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to travel between offices and buildings, and requires the ability to lift, carry, push, pull and/or maneuver office supplies as needed.
Working Conditions: Must be willing to work a flexible schedule, not exceeding 19 hours per week, (days, nights, weekends, holidays, and varying events if necessary.)
Work Environment: This position operates in a professional office environment, routinely uses standard office equipment (i.e. computers, phones, and copy and fax machines, filing cabinets) and is in a high traffic area with continual interruptions. Software commonly used includes Microsoft Office, Colleague, Business Objects, and various other educational applications.)
Travel Expectations: Some travel may be required for this position.
Salary: Aligned with the current published salary scale for the represented position grade, commensurate with experience.
Diversity and Inclusion Statement
Amarillo College is committed to hiring and retaining a racially diverse, culturally competent staff at all levels of the organization who not only reflect the demographics of our clients but also continue to deepen their skills and competencies to serve the full range of our customers.
Promotional Opportunity Policy
Under the Amarillo College Promotional Opportunity Policy, only current appointed or part-time non-appointed employees will be considered for a position during the first five (5) working days from notice or posting.