Community Enrichment Teacher - Dumas
At Amarillo College, our students are the priority. It is our mission and our responsibility to enrich their lives by helping them identify an educational pathway that will lead to success in life. It is therefore required that every team member, regardless of job title or duties, be responsible, first and foremost, for assisting students in every way.
We are currently seeking Part Time Teacher’s for our Community Enrichment Department, who will adhere to the aforementioned mission statement and who are creative, work well with others, and have a diverse skill set to share with others. Community Enrichment classes include but are not limited to sports and fitness, culinary, arts, computer, and martial arts. We have Community Enrichment classes, Senior’s College and Kid’s College.
GENERAL QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS
Must Be At Least 18 Years of Age
Required: High School Diploma or GED.
Preferred: First Aid and CPR Certification.
EXPERIENCE AND TRAINING:
Preferred: Successful Teaching Experience.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Possess excellent communication, oral and social skills.
- Maintain a positive attitude under stress.
- Be adaptable when dealing with a variety of ages.
- Able to follow directions and chain of command.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Report directly to the Site Supervisor.
- Establish clear rules and expectations of the program with students.
- Maintain order and structure during class.
- Be actively engaged and involved with students each day.
- Prepare lesson plans prior to class time.
- Be flexible with lesson plan and activity changes.
- Ensure space is safe, clean and organized.
- Participate in and complete performance assessments/evaluations as assigned.
- Perform other related duties as required.
- As an Amarillo College employee, seek knowledge of and pledge to actively engage in a culture of caring striving to serve students, peers and the community by embracing the AC Core Values: Wow, Family, Fun, Innovation, and Yes!
Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to travel between offices and buildings, and requires the ability to lift, carry, push, pull and/or maneuver office supplies as needed. Possess the ability to walk, bend, stand, squat or sit on the floor (with students). Be able to physically respond quickly in an emergency.
Salary: Aligned with the current published salary scale for the represented position grade, commensurate with experience.
Diversity and Inclusion Statement
Amarillo College is committed to hiring and retaining a racially diverse, culturally competent staff at all levels of the organization who not only reflect the demographics of our clients but also continue to deepen their skills and competencies to serve the full range of our customers.
Promotional Opportunity Policy
Under the Amarillo College Promotional Opportunity Policy, only current appointed or part-time non-appointed employees will be considered for a position during the first five (5) working days from notice or posting.