Admissions Counselor III
DescriptionThe Office of Undergraduate Admissions is looking to recruit two Admissions Counselor III positions for their Atlanta campus location. One position will recruit freshmen and the other will recruit transfer/transition students to Georgia State University. Admissions Counselors represent Georgia State University at high schools, community colleges, and various vocational-technical schools.
- Responsible within assigned admissions territory (both in-state and out-of-state) for planning and implementing a recruitment plan designed to encourage freshmen students to apply and enroll at Georgia State University.
- Serve as a territory manager for a specific geographic region. Responsible for data management of a specific region. Travel 8-10 weeks in the fall and 6-8 weeks in the spring to represent Georgia State University at regional fairs and events. (Currently, in a virtual environment).
- Plan, create, prepare and implement freshmen yield events to increase enrollment.
- Schedule visits to high schools. Prepares and makes individual and group presentations to prospective students regarding the admissions/ application process.
- Meet individually with prospective students, families and guests on campus to counsel applicants on admission requirements, financial aid, scholarships, and admission procedures. Maintain contact with prospective students via phone, letters, and CRM system.
- Participate in recruitment programs and events such as Panther Preview, Admitted Student Events, Information Sessions, campus tours, and calling campaigns.
- Monitor admitted student progress through customer relationship management system and their movement through financial aid, scholarship, housing, advisement, registration and orientation processes.
- Assist and collaborate with processing team to review and process academic and non-academic documents for the purpose of admission. This includes evaluating high school transcripts and calculating cumulative GPA’s to determine admissibility
QualificationsBachelor's degree and three years of related experience; or a combination of education and related experience.
College/Business Unit01/17/21, 11:59:00 PM
College/Business Unit: Enrollment Management
Location: Atlanta Campus
Job Posting: 12/28/20, 12:00:00 AM