Learning Management System Administrator
Job location: 2420 OLD IVY RD OFFICE BUILDING
Employment Type: Full-time
Posted data: 2020-12-28
The University of Virginia's Department of Human Resources is seeking a Learning Management System (LMS) Administrator. The LMS Administrator (LA) acts as the subject matter expert related to the learning management system and works to communicate, manage, maintain relationships and service between the Workday Learning Management System and the wider university. The LA will assist with testing and loading of learning courses and curricula and documenting online learning best practices.
The LA is a member of the Learning Design and Technology team with a focus on learning development, service, maintenance, and reporting within the Workday LMS.
The LA's specific duties and expectations include:
- Lead LMS platform dedicated to hosting documentation, eLearning content, competencies, compliance, and certifications.
- Develop and maintains effective relationships with key stakeholders and subject matter experts and with colleagues at UVA.
- Support the development and maintenance of academic technologies.
- Administer a system to message and provide documentation to users, managers, administrators and stakeholders any course updates and changes impacting content, certification, required completion times, etc.
Course Development, Maintenance, and Testing
- Partner with Instructional Designers to create and test online courses.
- Plan and Administer Course Copying, Archiving, and Updates,
- Administer Workday LMS including campaigns, notifications, transcripts, and reporting,
Communication and Documentation
- Conduct User Focus Groups and develop feedback loops.
- Draft User Engagement Surveys.
- Develop LMS SOP documentation, User Guidelines, and Restrictions.
- Coordinate communication dealing with Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) and the operational status of the LMS with all stakeholders as necessary.
- Manage LMS SOP documentation, structure, and permissions.
- Schedule and lead meetings with LMS stakeholders throughout the university.
LMS Reporting and Daily Usage
- Run LMS related reports on request.
- Oversee the management of courses and campaigns.
- Provide learner performance and competency reporting to constituents.
LMS Training and Instruction
- Conduct ILT and virtual training when necessary.
LMS Analysis and Expansion
- Analyze Current Business Processes and Requirements and make recommendations for improvements including new features, integrations, and applications.
- Engage with Workday communities focused on learning.
- Oversee the LMS ticketing system.
- Provide support for LMS expansion projects.
Advanced degree with at least one year of relevant professional experience, Bachelor's degree with at least two years of relevant professional experience (at least four years of exempt-level professional experience may substitute for degree). The successful candidate will pass a background check.
Preference will be given to applications received by January 8, 2021. PROCESS FOR INTERNAL UVA APPLICANTS: Please apply through your Workday Home page, search “Find Jobs”, and search for 'Learning Management System Administrator.' Complete an application online and attach a cover letter, resume, and contact information for three references (name, email address, telephone number, address). PROCESS FOR EXTERNAL UVA APPLICANTS: Please visit UVA job board https://uva.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/UVAJobs, search for Requisition R0020748, complete the application and attach a cover letter, resume, and contact information for three references (name, email address, telephone number, address). Please note that multiple documents can be uploaded in the box. Applications that do not contain all of the required documents will not receive full consideration. For information regarding the position or the application process, please contact Michele Jarman at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This is primarily a sedentary job involving extensive use of desktop computers. The job does occasionally require walking some distance to attend meetings, and programs.
The University of Virginia, including the UVA Health System which represents the UVA Medical Center, Schools of Medicine and Nursing, UVA Physician’s Group and the Claude Moore Health Sciences Library, are fundamentally committed to the diversity of our faculty and staff. We believe diversity is excellence expressing itself through every person's perspectives and lived experiences. We are equal opportunity and affirmative action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, national or ethnic origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, veteran status, and family medical or genetic information.