LAB SYSTEMS ANALYST
School of Medicine:
Established in 1930, Duke University School of Medicine is the youngest of the nation’s top medical schools. Ranked tenth among its peers, the School takes pride in being an inclusive community of outstanding learners, investigators, clinicians, and staff where traditional barriers are low, interdisciplinary collaboration is embraced, and great ideas accelerate translation of fundamental scientific discoveries to improve humanhealth locally and around the globe.
Comprised of 2,400 faculty physicians and researchers, the Duke University School of Medicine along with the Duke University School of Nursing and Duke University Health System create Duke Health. Duke Health is a world-class health care network. Founded in 1998 to provide efficient, responsive care, the health system offers a full network of health services and encompasses Duke University Hospital, Duke Regional Hospital, Duke Raleigh Hospital, Duke Primary Care, Private Diagnostic Clinic, Duke Home and Hospice, Duke Health and Wellness, and multiple affiliations.
Perform a variety of data base coordination tasks involving routine and specialized computer procedures related to the laboratory information system.
Systems Development and Compliance (50-75%)
- Perform duties to support operation of software and Laboratory Information Systems (LIS) deployed to support CHSI and affiliate laboratories, coordinating work to be completed by deadlines and adhering in a timely manner in adherence to applicable regulatory practices in conjunction with data and application management team (DAMT) guidelines.
- Build and maintain tools to improve functionality for various software and LIS systems using internal systems GUI based features or pro grammatically via vendor provided API’s.
- Collaborate with functional groups to define requirements and determine specifications for requests made to the DAMT, ensuring functionality meets user needs. Coordinate efforts between laboratory staff, the DAMT, and IT for day to day to support of LIS systems and software. Act as liaison between DAMT, laboratory staff, and vendor relations to facilitate support, development, and other implementation of systems and software.
- Implement and improve on practices supporting the software development life cycle. Develop tools to automate testing, documentation, and other steps that facilitate continuous integration and delivery.
- Work with various functional groups on the integration, improvement, and maintenance of data and processes pipelines into systems.
- Perform systems compliance duties to support clinical trial operations. Conduct and perform risk assessment, validation plan design, and qualification testing and documentation for various software’s and systems. Develop and conduct change control procedures to maintain compliance.
- Write and revise standard operating procedures, policies, reports, and other process documentation working closely with DAMT manager, study managers, and quality assurance department. Provide recommendations to investigators, administrators, and collaborators on appropriate tools to support laboratory operations, providing technical and financial breakdowns, and problem resolution.
Data Management (25-50%)
- Manage and coordinate large complex data sets in the Tomaras laboratory, coordinating work to be completed by deadlines and adhering to sponsor or collaborator specifications and applicable regulatory practice in conjunction with Tomaras DAMT guidelines.
- Perform quality control (QC) tasks for various Tomaras lab functional groups as a part of a multi-step data processing and approval process befor e reporting results. Assist in the development and improvement of QC processes for new assay pipelines.
- Complete data processing tasks and maintain databases, prepare and maintain data, format and transmit data to exter nal groups, and prepare reports in support of data to ensure adheren ce to protocols and quality of information received. Collaborate with functional groups to complete requests made to the DAMT.
- Write and revise standard operating procedures, data transfer plans, data and file format dictionaries, and other process documentation working closely with data and applications team manager, study managers, and quality assurance department.
- Work with statistical and research teams to coordinate data processing, QC, analysis, and transmission to external groups as necessary to ensure accurate and timely reporting of data. Work closely with external groups to facilitate implementation, maintenance, and support of data pipelines.
- Assist in the development and improvement of data processes for new and existing assay platforms. Maintain data schema’s and processes flows. Assist in preparation of reports and analyses of laboratory processes, setting forth progress, adverse trends, and appropriate recommendations or conclusions.
- Train laboratory staff on data and systems practices upon hire and in the event of systems changes. Assist with hosting laboratory workshops and information session on relevant topics. Crosstrain DAMT members on performed duties as needed.
- Work closely with the DAMT manager on progress and allocation of appropriate resources for upcoming deadlines to facilitate project planning.
- Perform other related duties incidental to the work described herein.
The above statements describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this classification. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties required of personnel so classified.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Work requires a bachelor's degree.
Work requires one year of laboratory work experience or laboratory computer system experience OR AN EQUIVALENT COMBINATION OF RELEVANT EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE.
Duke is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Duke aspires to create a community built on collaboration, innovation, creativity, and belonging. Our collective success depends on the robust exchange of ideas—an exchange that is best when the rich diversity of our perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences flourishes. To achieve this exchange, it is essential that all members of the community feel secure and welcome, that the contributions of all individuals are respected, and that all voices are heard. All members of our community have a responsibility to uphold these values.
Essential Physical Job Functions: Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System may include essentialjob functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.