It's your career.
Why did the National Institute for Staff and Organizational Development select Parkland College as a winner of its 2020 Promising Places to Work in Community Colleges Award? Because we recognize, promote, utilize, and educate one another regarding the unique qualities and shared humanity of our people and cultures. At Parkland we celebrate the diversity in our community and our world. Join our dynamic, innovative team in this engaging role.
Professional Support Staff
Full-Time, 12-Month Appointment
What you will do:
Provide excellent customer service; manage store promotions, sales, and marketing; process electronic web orders; return excess inventory; order general merchandise; and coordinate computer sales.
- Respond to phone, email, and in-person inquiries.
- Update and maintain the bookstore website.
- Coordinate book returns.
- Prepare shipping documents and process shipping invoices.
- Assist with book buyback and perform related shipping tasks.
- Serve as the point of contact for computer sales and product placement/availability.
- Supervise and delegate tasks to part-time staff.
- Order and process invoices for all general merchandise, including food, beverages and sundries.
- Assist with daily cash reports and three-times-yearly store inventory.
- Apply financial aid vouchers.
What we expect of you:
The detail-oriented professional we seek enjoys serving customers and possesses these qualifications.
- An associate's degree or equivalent combination of education/experience.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Suite applications.
- Verbal communication and math skills essential to processing returns and preparing documentation, providing efficient customer service, and ordering supplies.
- The ability to learn Parkland College and bookstore information systems, as well as shipment-tracking, point-of-sale, and tag-printing systems.
- One or more years of experience in a college bookstore setting.
- Sales experience in a retail environment.
- A background that includes bookkeeping.
- Working knowledge of publishers, vendors, and UPS shipping procedures.
To apply, please visit:parkland.edu/careers
About Parkland College
Located in Champaign, Illinois, Parkland is a fully accredited, public community college established to serve the needs of District 505, the third largest community college district in Illinois. We offer more than 130 degree and certificate programs and enroll approximately 20,000 students annually. The college is a center for educational opportunity and community enrichment in east central Illinois and has earned a national reputation for its excellent academic standards, innovative programs, and quality vocational-technical instruction.