Adjunct Pool for Professor of Culinary Arts/Food Technology
Adjunct Pool for Professor of Culinary Arts/Food Technology
Posting Number: 007
Department: Business Administration
Employee Classification: Adjunct Faculty
Salary: $78.08 PER HOUR based on lecture hour equivalent taught (Adjunct are placed on salary schedule)
Open Date: 07/01/2019
Initial Screening Date: 06/30/2020
Open Until Filled No
THIS IS A TEMPORARY, HOURLY AS NEEDED POSITION WITHOUT PERMANENT STATUS.
This is a CONTINUOUS recruitment for an applicant POOL to fill part-time, temporary, hourly assignments on an as-needed basis. Departments or divisions will refer to the POOL of applications on file to fill temporary assignments as the need arises. You will be contacted by the hiring manager should the department/division be interested in scheduling an interview.
Apply by 11:59 p.m. on June 30, 2020. Applicants must submit all of the following materials online to be considered for this position:
• A Mt. San Antonio College online application (http://hrjobs.mtsac.edu)
• College and/or university transcripts showing the awarded/conferred degree are required and must be submitted with the online application by all applicants, including current or former employees of the college, to demonstrate that the required educational qualifications are met. Unofficial transcripts are acceptable at the time of application; however, copies of diplomas are not accepted in lieu of transcripts.
• A cover letter indicating how qualifications and required experience are met and addressing the applicant’s philosophy of teaching
• A detailed resume that summarizes educational preparation and professional experience for the position
• A minimum of two letters of recommendation that reflect relevant experience (do not use social media or professional networks as a means to provide letters of recommendation or any of the required documents)
Health & Welfare:
Major Duties & Responsibilities:
• Teach lower-division undergraduate courses in Culinary Arts or Hospitality Management
• Assist in the growth and success of a diverse population of students through careful preparation of course materials, effective teaching methods, and informed critical feedback on assignments and discussions
• Perform related duties as assigned, including timely compliance with clerical and administrative responsibilities, college policies, division policies, and department policies
• Early morning, late afternoon, and/or evening assignments may be required
A. The minimum of one of the following awarded/conferred from a regionally accredited institution:
1. Any Bachelor’s degree and two years of professional experience;
2. any associate degree and six years of professional experience;
3. California Community College credential authorizing service as an instructor in the appropriate discipline
B. Commitment to the community college goals/objectives of providing quality programs and services for students with diverse abilities and interests; personal qualities to work
effectively and sensitively in a multicultural environment; awareness and commitment to the special needs of non-traditional students;
C. Ability to communicate effectively in oral and written English
License(s) & Other Requirements:
LICENSES AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS:
Employees may periodically be required to operate a vehicle that necessitates possession of a valid California driver’s license. Such employees must have the ability to secure and maintain a valid California driver’s license.
Official offers of employment are made by the Mt. San Antonio College Office of Human Resources and are made contingent upon Board approval. It is also required that a final offer of employment will only be made after the candidate has successfully been fingerprinted and clearance for employment is authorized by Human Resources. Costs for fingerprinting services shall be borne by the candidate.
Conditions of Employment:
Official offers of employment are made by Mt. San Antonio College Human Resources and are made contingent upon Board approval. It is also required that a final offer of employment will only be made after the candidate has successfully been fingerprinted and clearance for employment is authorized by Human Resources. Costs for fingerprinting services shall be borne by the candidate.
Notice to all prospective employees - The person holding this position is considered a ‘mandated reporter’ under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements set forth in Administrative Procedure 3518, titled Child Abuse Reporting, as a condition of employment.
The person holding this position is considered a ‘Responsible Employee’ under Title IX of the Educational Amendments Act of 1972 and is required to report to the College’s Title IX Coordinator all relevant details reported to him or her about an incident of alleged sexual misconduct including sexual harassment, sexual assault, dating and domestic violence and stalking.
As required by the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act, the Mt. San Antonio Community College Annual Security Report is available here: http://www.mtsac.edu/safety/pdf/2014ASRFina.lpdf
For assistance with the online application, please contact Human Resources at (909) 274- 4225. E-mail: [email protected] or visit 1100 N. Grand Avenue, Walnut, CA 91789- 1399.
Please note: A confirmation number will be assigned when your application packet indicates the supplemental questions have been answered and a document has been attached to each required link. Assistance with the online application process is available through Human Resources at 1100 N. Grand Avenue, Walnut, CA 91789-1399. Human Resources: (909) 274-4225.
E-mail: [email protected].
Foreign Transcripts: Transcripts issued outside the United States require a course-by-course analysis with an equivalency statement from a certified transcript evaluation service verifying the degree equivalency to that of an accredited institution within the USA. This report must be attached with the application and submitted by the filing deadline.
Program Coordinator Shelley Doonan
E-mail: [email protected]
Confidential Letters of Reference Instructions:
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Please do not submit Confidential letters of recommendation.
The College is an equal opportunity employer. The policy of the College is to encourage applications from ethnic and racial minorities, women, persons with disabilities, and veterans. No person shall be denied employment because of race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, marital status, sex (gender), age, sexual orientation, or the perception that a person has one or more of these characteristics.
Conflict of Interest:
Mt. San Antonio College employees and the Board of Trustees members shall not engage in any employment or activity that is inconsistent with, incompatible with, or in conflict with Mt. San Antonio College’s Administrative Procedures (AP 2710 Conflict of Interest, AP 2712 Conflict of Interest Codes).
To apply, visit https://hrjobs.mtsac.edu/postings/7691
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency