ASSOCIATE DIRECTOR, ALUMNI DIGITAL ENGAGEMENT, Development & Alumni Relations
ASSOCIATE DIRECTOR, ALUMNI DIGITAL ENGAGEMENT, Development & Alumni RelationsTracking Code3383 Job Description
WHO WE ARE TODAY
With nearly 36,000 students, 4,000 faculty, and over 346,000 alumni worldwide, Boston University is one of the world’s prominent large, urban research universities—a rapidly evolving, remarkably diverse, exceptionally engaged, and broad institution that encompasses the liberal arts, sciences and engineering, the fine arts, and the professions.
Under the leadership and direction of President Robert A. Brown, BU has made the choices necessary to thrive and grow. Launched in September 2012, The Campaign for Boston University reached record breaking success, thanks to a dedicated, creative, and diverse staff. BU’s Development & Alumni Relations top leadership includes outstanding individuals recruited from some of the best institutions in the world.
As we look to our exciting future and continued growth, we invite you to join our effort in helping the next generation of deserving students from around the world gain access to a BU education, and helping our outstanding faculty and researchers add to the world’s store of knowledge.
ASSOCIATE DIRECTOR, ALUMNI DIGITAL ENGAGEMENT
The Strategic Alumni Engagement team is dedicated to understanding alumni, strengthening pride and awareness, and facilitating ways to grow and sustain the base of alumni engaging with and supporting Boston University. The team has oversight of alumni digital strategy, alumni experience operations, and measuring engagement—through both attitudinal and behavioral dimensions—of more than 335,000 alumni across the globe. This team works in close collaboration with colleagues in the Office of Development & Alumni Relations, and across departments and schools at Boston University.
Responsible for leading all digital marketing channels (e.g. website(s) emails, social media, and apps) to ensure brand consistency for the Boston University Alumni Association and to build audiences and generate activity among alumni. The Associate Director is tasked with ensuring the BU Alumni Association remains on top of digital communication trends and their impact on customer experiences to maximize engagement. S/he will lead the strategy for digital communication tools, including the use of social and email marketing platforms, CMS technology and analytic software to report ROI and KPI’s regularly. This position manages 3 direct reports and reports to the Director of Strategic Alumni Engagement.
- Oversee online engagement strategies, including websites, email marketing, social media, and mobile applications for alumni. Develop the online experience of alumni, which include the redevelopment of SEO-optimized websites, direct the evaluation and implementation of mobile applications, and emphasize engagement through social media technology to grow strategic programs for the university. Manage 3 direct reports.
- Serve as an essential member of the project team, in partnership with Development Communications and Annual Giving, leading the planning, creation, and implementation of long-term digital marketing strategies for Development & Alumni Relations, starting with a new division-wide website. This includes managing both strategic and day-to-day digital activity, generating leads, and working with both institutional and external stakeholders to grow and sustain engagement with and support for BU Development & Alumni Relations initiatives.
- Partner with programmatic teams for integrated marketing campaigns across multiple vehicles—online, events, print, and brand partners—while maintain high levels of alumni engagement and build the case for philanthropic support.
- Oversee the development and delivery of monthly/quarterly/annual reports to senior leadership pertaining to digital engagement like email marketing and social media, communication campaign results, etc. as well as initiate advanced analysis to assist in strategic planning.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 5+ years professional experience in marketing, communications, digital engagement or related field, with a strong focus on content management, analytics, and customer conversion.
- Involvement in website planning and development, use of Google analytics and other metric tools, and content curation for multi-channel digital communications.
- Knowledge of and experience with all social media outlets.
- Experience with content management systems—web, email, and/or social—and related tools.
- Project management capability, with demonstrated organizational and external communication skills.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We are a VEVRAA Federal Contractor.Job Location BOSTON, Massachusetts, United StatesPosition TypeFull-Time/Regular