Title:Benefits Manager Job Category:Staff Description:
- Subject matter expert for USG employee benefits programs such as health, dental, vision, life and disability, spending accounts and other voluntary benefit programs.
- Serve as primary contact for campus partners and other internal USG stakeholders. Keep management abreast of issues.
- Responsible for ensuring campus partners understand USG benefits plans, programs, policies and applicable practices.
- Develops and conducts training sessions as needed.
- Assist with ongoing benefit initiatives such as open enrollment and new benefit projects.
- Provides day to day oversight for new practice and policy initiatives.
- Ensures compliance with Board Policy and processes, and other regulatory functions such as ACA compliance.
- Coordinates with third party vendor and campus resources in the preparation of reports and applications required by law to be filed with federal and state agencies, such as Internal Revenue Service, Department of Labor, insurance commissioners, and other regulatory agencies.
- Reviews and analyzes changes to state and federal laws pertaining to benefits, and reports necessary or suggested changes to management.
- Prepares and reviews communications and plan documents, such as Open Enrollment communications and website refresh.
- Identifies and assists in resolution of benefit questions, policy concerns and open issues with health and voluntary benefits vendors.
- Identifies opportunities for process improvement.
- Recommends and manages the rollout of plan changes, benefit initiatives, and process improvements.
- Coordinates and leads monthly benefit practitioner calls.
- Handles benefits inquiries, escalated issues and appeals to ensure quick, equitable, courteous resolution.
- Maintains contact in person, and by phone or mail, with employees, retirees and beneficiaries to facilitate proper and complete utilization of benefits.
- Lead workgroups to identify, resolve and provide consistency on widespread opportunities within system
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Bachelor's degree and five (5) years of experience in benefits administration with a large employer, or a master's degree in human resource management and four (4) years of experience in benefits administration with large employer
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED BY THE CLASSIFICATION
- Extensive knowledge of employee benefits and applicable laws.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to think creatively and work collaboratively to address problems.
- Experience administering benefit programs for large employer
- Effective planning and priority setting.
- Ability to manage several complex projects simultaneously while working under pressure to meet deadlines.
PREFERRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Five (5) or more years of large employer benefit experience.
- Experience working in Higher Education or public sector.
Location:Atlanta Regular/Temporary:Regular Minimum Hiring Salary:Salary commensurate with education and experience Hours Per Week:40 Required Documents Message:Cover Letter, Resume