Financial Analyst, Entry Level
Title:Financial Analyst, Entry Level Job Category:Staff Description:
• Monthly reconciliation of Medical, Dental and Pharmacy claims billing reports
• Analysis of Medical and Pharmacy plans participation eligibility
• Aon Retiree Health Exchange (ARHE) Health Reimbursement Account – Monthly Invoicing and Claims Reconciliation
• Analysis of ARHE Health Reimbursement Account participation eligibility and outstanding balances
• Coordination with HR for timely vendor resolution associated with reconciliation or eligibility issues identified
• Monthly reconciliation of benefit premiums
• Reconciliation of monthly ASO fees to contract and actual plan enrollment.
• Support Annual Claims Audits – Health & Welfare plans
• GASB Valuation Support
• Assists with special projects as assigned
• Performs related duties as assigned
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- BA or BS degree in Health Administration, Human Resources, business, finance or accounting or related area
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Knowledge of Board of Regents policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of University System of Georgia policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of professional and governmental accounting standards.
- Knowledge of the Fiscal Affairs Business Procedures Manual.
- Knowledge of the Official Code of Georgia, Annotated.
- Knowledge of budget management principles.
- Skill in written communication to executive and subject matter expert audiences.
- Skill in collaborating with multiple constituents.
- Skill in decision making and problem solving.
- Skill in interpersonal relations and in dealing with the public.
- Skill in oral and written communication.
- Skill in excel data analysis functionality.
- Ability to respond diplomatically to sensitive and critical issues.
- Ability to effectively multi-task.
- Ability to utilize PeopleSoft Financial Accounting System.
- Ability to handle sensitive information and maintain appropriate level of confidentiality
- Must be able to work independently and make sound decisions supported by facts and data
- Proven ability to meet tight deadlines under pressure.
- Strong attention to detail, accuracy, and organizational skills
- Requires ability to reason and understand detailed written and oral instructions
- Experience building cross-functional relationships to build consensus and create results
PREFERRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Master’s degree preferred, but not required
- Research experience preferred, but not required