Maintenance Supervisor (Paraprofessional, Sr.)
Title:Maintenance Supervisor (Paraprofessional, Sr.) Job Category:Staff Description:
ESSENTIAL DUTIES INCLUDE:
- Monitor and inspect building systems (HVAC/Plumbing/Electrical/Security/Fire Safety/Emergency Preparedness/Waste/Landscaping/Envelope) to ensure functionality;
- Plan, coordinate, and oversee all maintenance, repair, and installation projects;
- Assist in repair and administration of systems and upkeep of equipment and supplies to meet health and safety standards;
- Make recommendations regarding repairs and renovations;
- Review utilities consumption and strive to minimize costs;
- Ensures that the facility and grounds are clean and maintained according to policy and procedures;
- Communicate workplace safety precautions to employees;
- Track and respond to employee requests;
- Provide reception and guest support and assist with office moves or refurbishments;
- Provide backup security desk coverage during lunch breaks and when needed;
- Make assignments to staff, evaluate performance, and coach staff;
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- High School Diploma or equivalent;
- 1 year of education beyond H.S., such as at university, college, or technical school;
- 2 years’ experience assisting with building infrastructure systems including a combination of any of the following: security, network, plumbing, electrical, fire safety, emergency preparedness, waste, landscaping, or envelope;
- Combination of education and experience.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Skill in oral & written communications;
- Attention to detail and ability to develop accurate written materials;
- Proven organizational skills;
- Ability to work with minimal direction and perform with frequent interruptions and/or distractions;
- Ability to read and understand architectural and MEP drawings;
- Ability to multi-task and problem solve in a fast paced, demanding environment;
- Strong digital literacy in Microsoft Office applications (Outlook, Word, Excel);
- Able to collaborate and be understood across the office spectrum, from contractors to vendors to executives;
- Knowledge of Board of Regents policies and procedures;
- Skill in project planning, implementation, and management;
- Ability to acquire associated certificates within 2 years;
- Knowledge of Mechanical Engineering Principles and Electrical Engineering Principles;
- Ability to read and understand requirements of Occupational Safety Health Agency, Environmental Protection Agency, National Electric Code, and Environmental Safety Rules, Federal and State Codes, State and Federal inspections, and Local fire procedures, inspections, and laws
- BA or Associate's degree in facility management, or related field.
- Familiarity with access control systems.
- Familiarity with HVAC control systems.
- 2+ years prior experience in facilities management or related field.
- General understanding of commercial maintenance practices.