Job Title: Research Associate
Location: Augusta University
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Job ID: 218379
Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university in chemistry, biology, biochemistry, cell biology or other natural, life, health care or materials science directly related to the research area to which the position is assigned and a minimum of three years' research and/or clinical experience; previous supervisory experience
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and other computer software/databases
- Prior experience in molecular and cell biology and animal studies using the following techniques: gene cloning, expression and knockdown, RT-PCR and Q-PCR, western botting, immunohistochemistry, immunoprecipitation, mammalian tissue culture and transfection, cell proliferation and death assays, and flow cytometry, maintaining mouse lines and genotyping.
- Participate in project planning and development of research protocols.
- Conduct experiments and analyze results of experiments. These include experiemtns in Biochemistry, Molecular.
- In addition to general responsibilities above, the duties include, but are not limited to: determining the need for new supplies and equipment, making responsible purchasing decisions, placing orders, maintaining computer database and hard copies for inventory (e.g. chemicals, supplies, frozen tissue and protein samples, antibodies, etc.) and equipment service records, keeping laboratory equipment functional, preparation/update of animal use, biosafety and chemical protocols, and coordinating daily operation and cleanliness of the laboratory. Maintain laboratory record keeping, laboratory supplies inventory, and frozen stocks of cell cultures. Work with small animals, maintain cell and mouse lines.
- Attend lab meetings and discuss results, offer opinions and insight on technical problem solving and future scientific directions.
- Perform all other related duties as assigned.