CCR&R Professional Development Coordinator
Job Title: CCR&R Professional Development Coordinator
Location: Augusta University
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Job ID: 220977
Required Qualifications Bachelor's degree in Early Childhood, Family and Consumer Sciences or related field from an accredited college or university and some experience working with groups of young children in a professional setting (including lab schools and structures volunteer programs). May be required to occasionally work evenings/weekends.Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities Ability to maintain confidentiality and maintain accurate dataExcellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skillsWillingness and ability to occasionally work evenings/weekendsAbility to research and develop professional development resourcesProficient in Microsoft Office and other computer software/databasesWillingness and ability to work in a team environment with a diverse groupDetail-oriented with strong planning, time management, analysis, prioritization, organization and multi-tasking skillsProficient in identification, understanding and communication of best practices in early childhood development and educationAbility to coordinate events, use various technology tools and systems including, but not limited to virtual learning and Adobe creative softwarePreferred Qualifications
- A minimum of two years' experience working in high quality child care setting.
- Master's degree in Early Childhood, Family and Consumer Sciences or related field from an accredited college or university.
- Familiarity with the state of Georgia licensing regulations governing child care facilities as well as Quality Rated, ERS, GA PDS and/or GA Training Approval.
Responsibilities The Professional Development Coordinator will support CCR&R efforts through creating and curating professional development resources and communicating professional development opportunities to support department work of raising child care quality across our service area. The PDC will also provide technical support to team members regarding use of Georgia's Professional Development System and will track professional development efforts. The duties include, but are not limited to:
- Coordinate, with input from Professional Development team, training offered by the CCR&R department to ensure all program deliverable and goals related to the provision of training are met. Coordinate logistics related to quarterly training schedule and other training schedule as needed.
- Provide leadership on development and curation of targeted resources for professional development objectives. This includes reviewing, identifying and summarizing available professional development resources and assisting the training team in development and delivery of high quality professional development resources (website entries, flyers, training tools, etc.).
- Develop relationships with regional partners to recruit/maintain training venue options and contracted trainers, as necessary, to schedule training in the designated service area. Provide support as necessary.
- Provide phone and in-person technical assistance/professional support to current and potential child care providers as needed. Link providers with other community resources and mentors. Encourage providers to further their education. Discuss incentives, benefits, financial programs available and the application process.
- Execute PD Team plans and TA needs to ensure appropriate and adequate training is available to providers in our service delivery area. Included in this is assisting with virtual training delivery as training host, moderator and technical support.
- Prepare quarterly training calendar for inclusion in quarterly newsletter and maintain online training calendar on agency website and in GaPDS. Assist with update and maintenance of agency website.
- Maintain up-to-date training data for monthly reporting.
- Provide leadership on the following activities: collection of payments, training materials and support tasks for CCR&R trainer related to the provision of training.
- Assist trainers, as needed, to ensure GaPDS documentation is complete and current.
- Perform all other related duties/tasks as necessary to ensure the high-quality services of the CCR&R Department.
Shift/Salary Shift: Days/M-F Pay Grade: 13 Salary: $16.19/hour
Salary to be commensurate with qualifications of selected candidate within the established range (generally minimum-midpoint) of the position Recruitment Period:Conditions of Employment All candidates are required to successfully pass a Background Check review prior to starting with Augusta University.Equal Employment Opportunity Augusta University is proud to be an equal opportunity employer welcoming applicants from underrepresented groups, including individuals with disabilities and veterans.Driver's License Statement The Human Resources Division will request a recent driver's history report from the selected candidate. This report must come from the Department of Motor Vehicles and the fee will be paid for by the candidate. This report will be required prior to an offer being extended by Human Resources and must be from the state(s) in which the candidate has lived in for the past three years.Other Information This position is also responsible for promoting a customer friendly environment and providing superior service to our patients, students, faculty, and employees. "Augusta University is a patient-and family-centered care institution, where employees partner everyday with patients and families for success." Augusta University is a tobacco free environment and the use of any tobacco products on any part of the campus, both inside and outside, is strictly prohibited.
Share this job with your network:
Learn more on Inside Higher Ed's College Page for University