Industry Engagement Strategist
Job Title: Industry Engagement Strategist
Location: Augusta University
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Job ID: 220955
Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university in Business Administration with two years' of experience in the business, information technology/cyber security industry or a closely-related industryKnowledge, Skills, & Abilities Ability to maintain confidentialityWillingness and ability to travel extensively within the stateExcellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skillsProficient in Microsoft Office and other computer software/databasesProven ability to work well under pressure in a fast-paced environment and meet deadlinesDetail-oriented with strong customer service, time management, prioritization, organization and multi-tasking skillsAbility to establish and maintain positive working relationships with colleagues and external clients of diverse backgrounds and organizational levelsPreferred Qualifications
- Three or more years' of directly related information technology/cyber security industry experience including project management expreience
- Experience with the use of Customer Relationship Management (CRM) tools
- Strong Network of existing industry and stakeholder relationships, especially within Georgia
- Familiarity and experience using social media in a work environment
- Industry Assist: Connect industry within Georgia and national resourced by working closely with client companies to determine their needs, applicable resources and connect the client with those resources. Respond to requests from industry for information and assistance, communicate and coordinate with entities to gather information and provide contacts in response to industry requests in the following areas:
- University Research & Development
- Professional Education
- Technical Education
- Workforce Training
- Other State Organizations
- Federal Agencies
- Industry Information
- Business to Business Connections
- Defense Industry
- Innovation Projects: Develop cooperative innovation projects to assist with commercialization of new products, processes and business models. Track collaboration and project activities using Salesforce CRM software as part of the monthly metric collection efforts.
- Industry Forums & Meetings: Bring industry together to provide vision and focus to the major opportunities for Georgia to accelerate industry growth. Provide support to the COIIT and the GCC forums and represent COIIT at other local events and meetings.
- Consortia & Technology Working Groups: Connect industry, academia and government to develop focused activities in high potential technology areas and provide support of COIIT and GCC sponsored working groups.
- Innovation Grants: Grants funded by the One Georgia Authority for development of new products, services and business models
- General Administrative Duties: General administrative duties include submitting all administrative requests to Georgia Cyber Center staff using the appropriate processes and procedures and responding to requests from other Georgia state government agencies and offices.
- Other Duties: Perform all other related duties/tasks as assigned.