Job Title: Postdoctoral Fellow
Location: Augusta University
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Job ID: 220697
Minimum Requirements Ph.D. or equivalent degree from an accredited college or university.Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities Ability to maintain confidentialityExcellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skillsProficient in Microsoft Office and other computer software/databasesDetail-oriented with strong organizational, prioritization and multi-tasking skillsPreferred Qualifications Skill in flow cytometry, western blotting, primary cell culture, LSCI-CBF, IHC, ICC, electrophoresis, PCR, genotyping, small animal behavior, small animal imaging.Responsibilities The Postdoctoral Fellow supports research efforts of laboratory through participation in research data collection and documentation, development and evaluation of new research techniques and procedures, publication of results, performance of a variety of complex chemical, biological, histologic, microscopic, surgical and dissection procedures. The duties include, but are not limited to:
- Participate in project planning and development of research protocols while insuring adherence to accepted scientific research principles and compliance with relevant federal guidelines.
- Analyze results of experiments and procedures, teach and participate in complex bacteriological, chemical, radiochemical, qualitative and quantitative analysis, macro-and micro serological, histologic and cell culture procedures.
- Compose articles for scientific journals and review articles prepared by others.
- Supervise and coordinate activities of students, graduate assistants and other research personnel engaged in research activities.
- Present findings at meetings
- Calibrate, troubleshoot and operate microscopes, analytical equipment and other complex scientific equipment, instruct others in operation.
- Perform all other related duties/tasks as assigned.
Shift/Salary Shift: Days/M-F Salary: $47,476/Annually
Salary to be commensurate with qualifications of selected candidate within the established range (generally minimum-midpoint) of the position Recruitment Period: 10/2/20 - Until FilledConditions of Employment All candidates are required to successfully pass a Background Check review prior to starting with Augusta University.PostDocStatement This position is being posted as a Postdoctoral position; however, dependent upon the selected candidate's education, training, experience and prior job performance, they may qualify for a Postdoctoral or Senior Postdoctoral level.Equal Employment Opportunity Augusta University is proud to be an equal opportunity employer welcoming applicants from underrepresented groups, including individuals with disabilities and veterans.Other Information This position is also responsible for promoting a customer friendly environment and providing superior service to our patients, students, faculty, and employees. "Augusta University is a patient-and family-centered care institution, where employees partner everyday with patients and families for success." Augusta University is a tobacco free environment and the use of any tobacco products on any part of the campus, both inside and outside, is strictly prohibited.
Share this job with your network:
Learn more on Inside Higher Ed's College Page for University