Job Title: Research Associate
Location: Augusta University
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Job ID: 220880
Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university in chemistry, biology, biochemistry, cell biology or other natural, life, health care or materials science directly related to the research area to which the position is assigned and a minimum of three years' research and/or clinical experience; previous supervisory experienceKnowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Ability to maintain confidentiality, to multi-task, prioritize projects, manage time efficiently and effectively, and the ability to work independently with only general supervision
- Acquainted with medical terminology, especially different types of cancer or cancer related therapy and diagnostic terms
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
- Knowledge of all types of cancer and cancer treatment
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and other compute software/databases
- Database management and computer knowledge
- Collecting and abstracting disease specific data from electronic medical record
- Familiar with medical terminology, especially oncology and chemo therapies
- Study Management
- The position is expected to provide the documentation necessary for the mandatory regulatory oversight regulatory management of study.
- Keep up with the regulatory documents for all ongoing studies.
- Managing, maintaining, validating and overseeing the database.
- Data collection and analysis
- This position will participate in clinical research with the primary responsibility of overseeing and involving in screening patient in the power chart, collecting and abstracting quality data from the cerner system and other medical documents.
- Extracting and analyzing disease specific data from the medical record.
- Additionally, provides logistical support to the departmental research team members including physicians, investigators, and fellows in data management for improved patient care, clinical performance, and outcomes.
- Identify opportunities for improved performance in Data management, verification and analyzing based on own experience and on feedback from internal and external database resources and implements the changes as required.
- Provides logistical and informatics assistance to the research team of the department in data collection, data analysis and generating reports for improved performance and for scientific publications and presentations in different professional meetings.
- Work closely with BMT data coordinator, especially in data abstraction and reviewing data from BMT database.
- Perform all other related duties as assigned.