GCHC Clinical Practitioner
Job Title: GCHC Clinical PractitionerNurse Practitioner
Location: Augusta State Medical Prison
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Job ID: 220756
Job Summary Minimum Requirements
Graduation from an accredited college or university Nurse Practitioner program. Currently licensed as an advanced practice nurse in the state of Georgia by the Georgia Board of Nursing and certified as a Nurse Practitioner by the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) or equivalent body and two years of experience; Must possess a current American Heart Association Healthcare Provider CPR, ACLS and BLS/BCLS certification.ORPhysician Assistant
Graduation from an accredited college or university Physician Assistant program. Certified as a Physician Assistant by the National Commission on Certification of Physician Assistants (NCCPA) and licensure to practice medicine from the Georgia Composite Medical Board and two years of experience; Must possess a current American Heart Association Healthcare Provider CPR, ACLS and BLS/BCLS certification. Knowledge, Abilities & Skills
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and other computer software/databases
- Must be able to evaluate and treat general medical and health needs of inmates
- Knowledge of HIPAA and institutional guidelines to maintain patient and sponsor confidentialityMust be able to work with other providers and interact effectively with inmates, administration, nursing, and security staff at all levels that supervise inmates
- The duties include, but are not limited to:
- Provides basic medical services under the supervision of a licensed physician.
- Utilizes professional medical skills to meet a variety of health care needs, with ambulatory care as primary focus. Performs all other related duties/tasks as assigned.
Shift: Full-TimePay Grade: 23Minimum Salary: $69,398/Annually
Salary to be commensurate with qualifications of selected candidate within the established range (generally minimum-midpoint) of the position Recruitment Period: September 18, 2020 Until FilledOther Information
This position is also responsible for promoting a customer friendly environment and providing superior service to our patients, students, faculty, and employees. "Augusta University is a patient-and family-centered care institution, where employees partner everyday with patients and families for success."Augusta University is a tobacco free environment and the use of any tobacco products on any part of the campus, both inside and outside, is strictly prohibited.Equal Employment Opportunity
Georgia Correctional HealthCare (GCHC) is a Division of Augusta University. We are an equal employment, equal access, and equal educational opportunity and affirmative action institution. Also, Augusta University is a federal contractor and desires priority referrals of protected veterans. It is the policy of the University to recruit, hire, train, promote and educate persons without regard to age, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation or veteran status. Conditions of Employment
All candidates are to complete and successfully pass Pre-Employment requirements. This includes a Criminal History Record Release (and when applicable, a Physical Examination and Drug Screen).
Share this job with your network:
Learn more on Inside Higher Ed's College Page for University