GCHC Office Assistant
Job Title: GCHC Office Assistant
Location: Johnson State Prison
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Job ID: 220830
Associate degree with one year’s experience in a healthcare environment.
- Schedule and arrange for acceptance of x-ray films of discharged, paroled, or deceased offenders from statewide facilities to be stored.
- Maintain alphabetical index by the year of the released offenders. The x-ray films are to be kept for 10 years prior to being destroyed.
- File the x-ray films alphabetically by year.
- Schedule and arrange for disposal of film after 10 years’ retention.
- Adhere to safety and security policies and participate in disaster drills.
- Responsible for printing of electronic MARS (medication administration records) for central region prisons, working with nurses at each designated site.
- Serve as GRITS trainer to train nurses for entry and record information for private prisons and PDC’s into state system.
- Training and assisting to process records in Medical Record Tracking of paroled/released offenders being sent to archives.
- Completes clerical duties as assigned.
- Attend all designated meetings as assigned.
- Complete all other duties as assigned.
- Maintain positive customer-oriented attitude.
- Will follow GDC/GCHC dress code policies. Will serve as backup to the Middle Georgia Administration Office Manager as needed.
Ability to lift and/or carry 20 lbs.; bending, kneeling, walking, pulling, climbing, reaching required.