GCHC Health Svcs Administrator
Job Title: GCHC Health Svcs Administrator
Location: Calhoun State Prison
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Job ID: 219946
QUALIFICATIONS:BA or BS degree in Hospital/Healthcare or Business/Public Administration, and four (4) years of work experience in a health services management position; OR Georgia licensed RN and six (6) years of work experience in a clinical setting, of which four (4) years have been in supervisory/ management positions.
Desirable Qualifications (those preferred but not required):
Masters’ Degree and three (3) years of work experience in a health services management or related position. OR BSN Nursing degree with correctional experience and five (5) years of health care management experience.
The HSA manages the medical unit in conjunction with the Medical Director and DON. In addition to general functions related to the delivery of quality patient care, primary responsibilities include personnel supervision, administrative medical liaison, finance/account management and the oversight of defined medical systems, including leadership, communication, medical administrative SOPs and the annual Scope of Services. Works with the Warden, Medical Director and DON in responding to the needs of the site, and supports GDC and GCHC to fulfill the mission of Augusta University. Responsible for maintaining MAG accreditation when applicable to their specific site. The HSA directly assists the
Medical Director with all administrative functions associated with the responsibilities of the Responsible Health Authority (RHA), as delineated within the current NCCHC Standards Manual, (reference Std P-A-02).
The HSA, together with the DON and Medical Director, work closely with the RM and the CPC to insure than all clinical systems and related matters are functioning effectively and in accordance with established policies.
- Utilizes established GCHC and GDC polices and procedures in making decisions, but uses sound independent judgment in meeting the responsibilities and performing the duties of the position.
- Evaluates optimal staff in relation to workload. Audits payroll and reviews and authorizes overtime.
- In conjunction with the Medical Director, oversees services rendered by contractors and professional staff.
- Supports the established Utilization Management program to assure appropriateness of referrals.
- Evaluates and implements methods of improving operational efficiency and cost effectiveness.
- Oversees subcontracted services utilization, initiates contracts with subcontractors as needed.
- In conjunction with the warden's office, monitors and evaluates physical safety requirements of both patients and staff to assure a safe working environment.
- Responsible for the recruitment and retention activities for all GCHC healthcare positions.
- Ensures that all licensed healthcare professionals meet all aspects of the AU/GCHC credentialing process and requirements.
- Monitors expenditures to ensure adherence to budget category allowances, evaluates and justifies budget variances; monitors OT and PRN hours, Extra Duty and agency usage.
- Maintains accreditation of the medical program by ensuring the presence of the required level of organizational efficiency, implementation and functioning of necessary systems and the provision of approved and appropriate medical services. Maintains audit readiness and accreditation of the medical program. Performs self-audits as required. Develops Corrective Action plans and ensures completion of corrective actions.
- Ensures the proper flow of relevant information to staff is achieved in a timely manner.
- Audits logs and analyzes their relationship to accounts payables request. Assures weekly submission of all required reports.
- Implements and maintains the CQI Program per policy, and in accordance with NCCHC standards.
- In conjunction with the DON and the Medical Director, monitors clinical systems to ensure compliance with GDC policy.
- Performs other duties and services as requested and assigned
Ensures the proper flow of relevant information (policies, procedures, in-services, problems, etc.) to supervisor and supervised staff. Works on a regular basis with line staff as well as senior management in both GDC and GCHC Maintains professionalism with staff and co-workers at all times. Must maintain cooperative and sound working relationship with the warden's office. Facilitating effective and timely communications is of paramount importance.
Manages site budgets (supply, personnel, capital equipment), site operations and maintains patient confidentiality. Monitors all expenditures to ensure adherence to budget category allowances, evaluates and justifies budget variances; monitors overtime and PRN hours, Extra Duty and agency usage. Monitors supply requests, approves purchase orders, authorizes monthly invoices. Accountable for audit outcomes, and preparation for and maintenance of MAG accreditation.
KNOWLEDGE, ABILITIES AND SKILLS:
Demonstrated analytical and decision-making skills. Goal oriented with excellent written and verbal communication skills. Strong management ability. Documented employee management, interpersonal and intermediate PC skills. Exp. in client and physician relations, planning, budget, recruiting and contract negotiations. Manages heavy workload; must have ability to prioritize tasks.
Correctional health care, one of the fastest growing health services in the nation, offers fulfilling roles in a variety of settings. As an employee of Georgia Correctional HealthCare, you will have not just another job, but rather a mission! With your passion, you will take a leading role in achieving our mission to provide quality health care to the state’s inmate population. You’ll meet new challenges! But the rewards of making such a significant difference in people’s lives will make those challenges worthwhile.
Georgia Correctional HealthCare (GCHC) is the division of the Augusta University that provides high quality healthcare to over 60 Georgia Department of Correction facilities state wide. Since 1997, GCHC has prided itself on delivering a high level of quality care while controlling the spiraling costs associated with inmate healthcare.
GCHC AAEEO/Condition Statement
Georgia Correctional HealthCare (GCHC) is a Division of Augusta University. We are an equal employment, equal access, and equal educational opportunity and affirmative action institution. Also, Augusta University is a federal contractor and desires priority referrals of protected veterans. It is the policy of the University to recruit, hire, train, promote and educate persons without regard to age, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation or veteran status.
All candidates are to complete and successfully pass Pre-Employment requirements. This includes a Criminal History Record Release (and when applicable, a Physical Examination and Drug Screen).
Pay Grade: 21
Minimum Salary: $60,058.00
Salary to be commensurate with qualifications of selected candidate within the established range (generally minimum-midpoint) of the position
Recruitment Period: September 11, 2020 until filled