GCHC Office Assistant
Job Title: GCHC Office Assistant
Location: Baldwin State Prison
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Job ID: 220504
A High School Diploma or a GED required, plus a minimum of 1 year experience performing secretarial /clerical assistant duties in an office setting
An Associate Degree, plus 3 years experience performing secretarial /clerical assistant duties in an office setting.
V GENERAL DUTIES:
- Greet visitors, answer telephone, and provide correct responses to general questions about the offices or department’s operations or policies, directing customers to the appropriate resource when questions exceed knowledge.
- Open and distribute incoming correspondence, check and compare with previous communication, draft simple correspondence.
- Prepare written and presentation materials for superiors, gather and compile information, perform calculations. May prepare spreadsheets or other reports or presentation materials such as PowerPoint.
- Maintain operational, budget, personnel, and other administrative records; initiate, complete and review forms, log, file, and/or enter information in a computer; retrieve information, make copies.
- May maintain a supervisor’s and/or department’s calendar, schedule meetings, and make travel arrangements, process travel reimbursements, and other forms incidental to these responsibilities.
All other duties as assigned.