Job Title: Postdoctoral Fellow
Location: Augusta University
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Job ID: 220283
Minimum Requirements Ph.D. or equivalent degree from an accredited college or universityKnowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Ability to maintain confidentiality, to work independently with only general supervision, to prioritize tasks, to complete work, and to meet deadlines
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and other computer software/databases
- Willingness and ability to work with research animals
- Expertise in animal know out models, breeding and maintaining mouse colonies, phenotyping, genetics, and/or bioinformatics
Preferred Qualifications Expertise in animal knock out models, breeding and maintaining mouse transgenic colonies, phenotyping, genetics, and/or bioinformatics.Responsibilities This is a training position designed to learn through engagement in an advanced level of scientific technical and administrative work in support of research efforts in an assigned laboratory or clinical research setting. Participate in research data collection and documentation within relevant guidelines and protocols; develop and evaluate new research techniques and procedures; publish results in scientific journals. Perform a variety of complex chemical, biological, cytologic, microscopic, histologic, surgical, and statistical/computational procedures. The responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Participate in project planning and development of research protocols while insuring adherence to accepted scientific research principles and compliance with relevant federal guidelines. Perform a variety of experimental studies including animal work, cell biology and molecular biology experiments. Experiments may include but not be limited to performing animal breeding and surgery, genotyping, western blot, PCR, real-time PCR, DNA sequencing, immunohistochemistry, various microscopy and imaging techniques, pedigree analysis and bioinformatics. Analyze results of experiments and procedures using manual or computer techniques and, if necessary, develop special computer programs to facilitate analysis.
- Coordinate and participate in research of scientific literature; summarize and evaluate findings; develop derivative applications of techniques developed by own research activities or reported by other research projects. Present findings at scientific meetings locally, nationally and internationally.
- Compose articles for publication in scientific journals; review articles prepared by others.
- Operate microscopes, computer-linked analytical equipment, dedicated computers and other complex scientific equipment; instruct others in operation of equipment.
- Perform all other related duties as assigned.
Shift/Salary Shift: Days/M-F Salary: $47,476/Annually
Salary to be commensurate with qualifications of selected candidate within the established range (generally minimum-midpoint) of the position Recruitment Period: 8/26/20 - Until FilledConditions of Employment All candidates are required to successfully pass a Background Check review prior to starting with Augusta University.PostDocStatement This position is being posted as a Postdoctoral position; however, dependent upon the selected candidate's education, training, experience and prior job performance, they may qualify for a Postdoctoral or Senior Postdoctoral level.Equal Employment Opportunity Augusta University is proud to be an equal opportunity employer welcoming applicants from underrepresented groups, including individuals with disabilities and veterans.Other Information This position is also responsible for promoting a customer friendly environment and providing superior service to our patients, students, faculty, and employees. "Augusta University is a patient-and family-centered care institution, where employees partner everyday with patients and families for success." Augusta University is a tobacco free environment and the use of any tobacco products on any part of the campus, both inside and outside, is strictly prohibited.
Share this job with your network:
Learn more on Inside Higher Ed's College Page for University