Job Title: Postdoctoral Fellow
Location: Augusta University
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Job ID: 220215
- Willingness and ability to work with research animalsAbility to work independently with only general supervisionExcellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skillsDetail-oriented with strong organizational and prioritization skillsAbility to maintain confidentiality, complete work, and meet deadlines
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and other computer software/databases or willingness to learn
- Prior experience in molecular and cell biology and animal studies using the following techniques: gene cloning, expression and knockdown, quantitative RT-PCR, western blotting, immunoprecipitation, mammalian tissue culture, lentiviral production and infection, cell proliferation and death assays, flow cytometry, maintaining mouse lines and genotyping
- Participate in project planning and development of research protocols while insuring adherence to accepted scientific research principles and compliance with relevant federal guidelines.Analyze results of experiments and procedures using manual or computer techniques and, if necessary, develop special computer programs to facilitate analysis. Teach and participate in complex physiological quantitative analyses and cell culture procedures.Coordinate and participate in research of scientific literature; summarize and evaluate findings; develop derivative applications of applications of techniques developed by own research activities or reported by other research projects. Presents findings at scientific meetings locally, nationally, and internationally.Compose articles for publication in scientific journals; Review articles prepared by others.Supervise and coordinate activities of students, graduate assistants and other research personnel engaged in research activities and/or related laboratory work, Advise principal investigators, other PostDocs, students, and other research personnel on research techniques, procedures, and other technological aspects of research activities.Calibrate, troubleshoot, repair and operate microscopes, computer-linked analytical equipment, dedicated computers and other complex scientific equipment; instruct others in operation of equipment.
- Perform all other related duties as assigned.