GCHC Licensed Practical Nurse
Job Title: GCHC Licensed Practical Nurse
Location: Smith State Prison
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Job ID: 218905
Licensed as a LPN in the State of Georgia
Prefer one year of clinical experience
Functions within the Georgia Board of Nursing Nurse Practice Act
Current BCLS certification
Must relate well to patients, security staff, visitors, and co-workers
Must be able to lift 50 lbs. Normal bending, reaching and stooping. Standing and sitting for long periods of time. Must be able to move quickly across the compound in cases of emergency. Normal levels of hearing and seeing, if necessary, with corrective appliances.
Must be able to perform BCLS.
Security clearance by Georgia Department of Corrections
One year of clinical experience and correctional experience
The duties include but are not limited to:
- Provides individualized, direct patient care to inmates/patients under the guidance of a clinical supervisor.
- Accepts staffing assignments and performs other related duties as required or assigned by the DON, RN or Designated Charge Nurse. Performs within the normal limits of State Nurse Practice Act, Code of Ethics for Nurses, policies and procedures, GCHC facility policies/procedures, and standards.
- Adheres to all established GDC nursing protocols. Provides care in accordance with protocols and State Nurse Practice Act.
- Participates in nursing assessment of patient on admission, during confinement, and on discharge in accordance with GDC SOP/LOP, nursing procedure manual and GDC/GCHC established protocols.
- Makes a nursing triage decision which is documented and communicated to other patient care providers.
- Plans an individual nursing treatment program.
- Utilizes approved GDC/GCHC nursing assessment treatment protocols and approved GDC/GCHC nursing procedure manual and approved forms.
- Utilizes referral process to appropriate providers as required by policy.
- Ensures physician's orders are implemented and transcribed in a timely manner in accordance with GDC/GCHC SOP'S.
- Administers medication according to proper techniques and procedures, including IV therapy and all other approved routes of administration.
- Utilizes pharmacology knowledge and available resources to include drug reaction and overdose in administering medications.
- Ensures that prescribed medications are administered as ordered using the formulary. Documents administration of medication on the MAR in accordance with GDC/GCHC SOP at time of administration.
- Documents non-adherence counseling for medications in accordance with SOP.
- Implements nutrition and therapeutic diet plan as ordered by physician.
- Assists in performing diagnostic procedures.
- Attends all meetings, in services, and training activities
This position is also responsible for promoting a customer friendly environment and providing superior service to our patients, students, faculty, and employees. "Augusta University is a patient-and family-centered care institution, where employees partner everyday with patients and families for success."
Augusta University is a tobacco free environment and the use of any tobacco products on any part of the campus, both inside and outside, is strictly prohibited.
GCHC AAEEO/Condition Statement
Georgia Correctional HealthCare (GCHC) is a Division of Augusta University. We are an equal employment, equal access, and equal educational opportunity and affirmative action institution. Also, Augusta University is a federal contractor and desires priority referrals of protected veterans. It is the policy of the University to recruit, hire, train, promote and educate persons without regard to age, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation or veteran status.
All candidates are to complete and successfully pass Pre-Employment requirements. This includes a Criminal History Record Release (and when applicable, a Physical Examination and Drug Screen).
Salary to commensurate with qualifications and experience of candidate.
Salary Minimum $18.00/hour
Pay Grade 11
Recruitment Period August 7,2020- until filled