GCHC Office Assistant
Job Title: GCHC Office Assistant
Location: Georgia Diag & Class Cnt
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Job ID: 218496
A High School Diploma or a GED required, plus a minimum of 1 year experience performing secretarial /clerical assistant duties in an office setting
An Associate Degree, plus 3 years experience performing secretarial /clerical assistant duties in an office setting.
- Greet visitors, answer telephone, and provide correct responses to general questions about the offices or department’s operations or policies, directing customers to the appropriate resource when questions exceed knowledge.
- Open and distribute incoming correspondence, check and compare with previous communication, draft simple correspondence.
- Prepare written and presentation materials for superiors, gather and compile information, perform calculations. May prepare spreadsheets or other reports or presentation materials such as PowerPoint.
- Maintain operational, budget, personnel, and other administrative records; initiate, complete and review forms, log, file, and/or enter information in a computer; retrieve information, make copies.
- May maintain a supervisor’s and/or department’s calendar, schedule meetings, and make travel arrangements, process travel reimbursements, and other forms incidental to these responsibilities.
- All other duties as assigned.
Under general supervision, position is responsible for performing a variety of routine clerical duties in support of an office or department.
Correctional health care, one of the fastest growing health services in the nation, offers fulfilling roles in a variety of settings. As an employee of Georgia Correctional HealthCare, you will have not just another job, but rather a mission! With your passion, you will take a leading role in achieving our mission to provide quality health care to the state’s inmate population. You’ll meet new challenges! But the rewards of making such a significant difference in people’s lives will make those challenges worthwhile.
Georgia Correctional HealthCare (GCHC) is the division of the Augusta University that provides high quality healthcare to over 60 Georgia Department of Correction facilities state wide. Since 1997, GCHC has prided itself on delivering a high level of quality care while controlling the spiraling costs associated with inmate healthcare.
GCHC AAEEO/Condition Statement
Georgia Correctional HealthCare (GCHC) is a Division of Augusta University. We are an equal employment, equal access, and equal educational opportunity and affirmative action institution. Also, Augusta University is a federal contractor and desires priority referrals of protected veterans. It is the policy of the University to recruit, hire, train, promote and educate persons without regard to age, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation or veteran status.
All candidates are to complete and successfully pass Pre-Employment requirements. This includes a Criminal History Record Release (and when applicable, a Physical Examination and Drug Screen).
Pay Grade: 5
Minimum Salary: $12.24/hr
Salary to be commensurate with qualifications of selected candidate within the established range (generally minimum-midpoint) of the position
Recruitment Period: June 24, 2020 until filled