Accounts Payable Specialist
Job Title: Accounts Payable Specialist
Location: Augusta University
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Job ID: 218522
- Ability to maintain confidentiality, to research, reconcile, and resolve payment issues, to analyze complex issues and take appropriate corrective actions, to adhere to internal control requirements, procedures, and department processes, to communicate orally and written word in a professional manner, and to take initiative and work independently in a team environment.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
- High degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- Intermediate skill sin Microsoft Office and PeopleSoft Financials
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and other computer software/databases
- Well organized with the ability to handle multiple priorities
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university
- Associate's degree from an accredited college or university in accounting or related field
- Relevant experience with, and understanding of, PeopleSoft Accounts Payable Module or SAP ERP (Enterprise Resource Planning System)
- Familiarity of contract administration
- Proficient in all Microsoft Office
- Responsible for auditing and payment of invoices relating to the DJJ Purchase Orders and Payment Requests in a timely manner. Audit shall include account code appropriateness, supporting documentation, and BOR/State/Federal compliance with expense.
- Maintain daily workload to process payment request documents that require analysis, approval and expeditious distribution. Analysis includes, but not limited to, completeness, accuracy, appropriateness and compliance with AU/BOR and State policies and procedures related to fund and account. Communicate any discrepancies with various departments, (I.e. vendor, third-party organization(s)).
- Proactively seek resolution for outstanding payment issues within and without the enterprise for DJJ. These actions include resolving price discrepancies, vendor disputes and payment release issues. These include, but are not limited to, solving invoice discrepancies and reconciling data from Purchasing, Receiving, Financial Accounting, Facilities Planning and Budget and Finance areas.
- Responsible decision making to ensure appropriate resolution of customer problems and needs. Coordinate verification of receipts for items and/or capital equipment. Verify that the end user received the item(s) listed on a given invoice and/or purchase order; that the specifics of each item and the quantity are correct, and that no damages occurred. Ensure that the installation was completed by the company to the end users satisfaction. This includes verifying Receiving and Distribution had the items received in the PSFIN.
- Demonstrate continuous efforts to improve our operations, decrease turnaround times, streamline work processes and work cooperatively and jointly, within and without the organization to provide exceptional customer service.
- Organize, update, and retain invoice information files and voucher audit records. Specific participants are internal, BOR, and State audit requisitions.
- Cross-Train and back up GCHC accounts payable/travel as needed.
- Review, audit, and process employee travel reimbursements and direct bill invoices for DJJ.
- Receive, open, and process Accounts Payable mail distribution and voucher/check documentation match.
- Back up other AP staff as needed and cross-training.
- Perform all other related duties as assigned.