Job Title: Research Assistant
Location: Augusta University
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Job ID: 217750
Associate’s degree from an accredited college or university in chemistry, biology, biochemistry, cell biology or other natural, life, health care or materials science directly related to the research area to which the position is assigned and a minimum of three years' experience in a research, basic science or clinical setting particularly clinical trials research.Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities Must be highly motivatedAbility to maintain confidentialityMouse database management skillWillingness and ability to work with research animals
Attention to detail, strong work ethic and desire to learnExcellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skillsProficient in Microsoft Office and other computer software/databasesStrong experience in mouse work, including mouse breeding, genotyping, and tissue isolation/processingPreferred The desired candidate would have strong experience in mouse work, including mouse breeding, genotyping, and tissue isolation/processing. Background on molecular biology is a plus.Responsibilities We are looking for a motivated team member to perform cutting edge research on vascular disease. The successful candidate will have the valuable opportunity to work with our talented lab members to perform studies on mouse models of vascular disease (aneurysm, restenosis, and arteriovenous fistula) using multiple experimental techniques, including quantitative real time PCR, Western blots, unbiased genome-wide RNA deep sequencing (RNA-seq) and ChIP-seq, CRISPR-Cas genome editing, RNA pulldown, RNA-FISH, and confocal microscopy. The duties include, but are not limited to:
- Mouse database maintenance, mouse breeding, and genotyping.
- Tissue isolation for animal disease models, tissue processing for histology, western blot, and quantitative RT-PCR study.
- Mouse physiology measurements including tail-cuff blood pressure and Doppler ultrasound for blood flow
- Perform statistical evaluation of experimental data: sample size power calculation, statistical tests (t-tests, ANOVA) using commercial available software (Prism, Graphpad).
- Perform all other related duties/tasks as assigned.