GCHC Office Associate - Jackson, GA
Job Title: GCHC Office Associate - Jackson, GA
Location: Georgia Diag & Class Cnt
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Job ID: 218412
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:An Associate’s degree in a related field, or a high school diploma or GED required plus 3 years experience performing secretarial /clerical assistant duties in an office setting. An Associate Degree in a related field may be substituted for the experience.
DESIRABLE QUALIFICATIONS:An Associate Degree, plus 5 years experience performing secretarial /clerical assistant duties in an office setting. An Associate Degree in a related field may be substituted for the experience.
- Greet visitors, answers telephone, providing correct responses to a variety of questions (routine and non-routine) about the offices or department’s operations or policies and direct customers to the appropriate resource when questions exceed knowledge.
- Open and distribute incoming correspondence, check and compare with previous communication, compose routine correspondence, format and type documents, proofread and edit draft material, determine priority of incoming material and route to appropriate personnel.
- Maintain a supervisor and/or department’s calendar, schedule meetings, and make travel arrangements, process travel reimbursements, and other forms incidental to these responsibilities.
- Prepare written and presentation materials for superiors, gather and compile information, perform calculations. May prepare spreadsheets or other reports or presentation materials such as PowerPoint, and otherwise assist in the development of narrative information and graphic displays.nitiate, complete and review forms
- Perform responsible secretarial, clerical and administrative duties associated with assigned department which may include preparing bills, coordinating test preparation and creation, maintaining patient records.
- Maintain operational, budget, personnel, and other administrative records; initiate, complete and review forms, log, file, and/or enter information in a computer requiring knowledge of simple to advanced database systems and strong attention to detail; retrieve information and audit records for accuracy and completeness.
- Initiate purchase requisitions and coordinate with the purchasing office as appropriate. Gather data and/or prepare routine information related to purchasing office related supplies and equipment. Initiate facilities management work orders as necessary.
- Prioritizing duties and meeting deadlines.
- All other duties as assigned.
RESPONSIBLITIESUnder general supervision, performs a variety of routine and non-routine clerical and administrative duties in support of an office or department. Work requires knowledge of departmental policies and procedures and decision-making within well-established guidelines.
Correctional health care, one of the fastest growing health services in the nation, offers fulfilling roles in a variety of settings. As an employee of Georgia Correctional HealthCare, you will have not just another job, but rather a mission! With your passion, you will take a leading role in achieving our mission to provide quality health care to the state’s inmate population. You’ll meet new challenges! But the rewards of making such a significant difference in people’s lives will make those challenges worthwhile.
Georgia Correctional HealthCare (GCHC) is the division of the Augusta University that provides high quality healthcare to over 60 Georgia Department of Correction facilities state wide. Since 1997, GCHC has prided itself on delivering a high level of quality care while controlling the spiraling costs associated with inmate healthcare.
GCHC AAEEO/Condition Statement
Georgia Correctional HealthCare (GCHC) is a Division of Augusta University. We are an equal employment, equal access, and equal educational opportunity and affirmative action institution. Also, Augusta University is a federal contractor and desires priority referrals of protected veterans. It is the policy of the University to recruit, hire, train, promote and educate persons without regard to age, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation or veteran status.
All candidates are to complete and successfully pass Pre-Employment requirements. This includes a Criminal History Record Release (and when applicable, a Physical Examination and Drug Screen).
Pay Grade: 5
Minimum Salary: $12.24/hr
Salary to be commensurate with qualifications of selected candidate within the established range (generally minimum-midpoint) of the position
Recruitment Period: March 26, 2020 until filled