Job Title: Research Assistant
Location: Augusta University
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Job ID: 218434
Associate’s degree from an accredited college or university in chemistry, biology, biochemistry, cell biology or other natural, life, health care or materials science directly related to the research area to which the position is assigned and a minimum of three years' experience in a research, basic science or clinical setting particularly clinical trials research.Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities Ability to maintain confidentialityWillingness and ability to work with research animalsExcellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skillsProficient in Microsoft Office and other computer software/databasesExperience in basic cell biology, techniques, skills and animal handlingPreferred
- Previous experience in maintaining and running complicated laboratory systems.
- Experience with sectioning of paraffin-embedded tissue and fluorescence/confocal microscopy.
- Previous experience in a cell biology or biochemistry laboratory in particular handling cell culture, Western Blotting, Elisa, PCR and animal handling.
- General laboratory duties, preparation of solutions, maintenance of tissue cultures, plasmid preparations, gel electrophoresis, maintaining laboratory stocks, performing experimental procedures under supervision of the PI and analyze experiment al data and prepare for publication/presentation.
- Order supplies and keep journal of results, keep lab in an orderly manner, assist and participate in research of scientific literature and summarize and evaluate findings. Order research materials and maintain records of all biological and chemical materials. Update all records related to experiments and research supplier.
- Carry out/assist with animal studies. Maintain records of all experiments, cell and animal colonies.
- Perform all other related duties/tasks as assigned.