Job Title: Manager, Compensation
Location: Augusta University
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Job ID: 218432
Department Marketing Statement The mission of the Compensation section of Human Resources is to provide competitive, market based and efficient compensation programs and processes which add value to Augusta University and its employees, leading to improved employee empowerment, growth, and retention.Minimum Requirements Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university and a minimum of five years of progressive Human Resources management experience with an emphasis on Compensation and Classification. Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities Strong analytical, statistical and presentation skillsExcellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skillsProficient in Microsoft Office and other computer software/databasesExcellent knowledge of Human Resources, including compensation administration and classification structuresAbility to make professional assessments; exercise sound judgment; make fair/objective decisions; and maintain the highest level of confidentiality and discretionDemonstrated working knowledge of regulatory compliance with Department of Labor FLSA standards and above average proficiency in mathematics, quantitative and qualitative analysis and problem solvingPreferred
- Master's degree from an accredited college or university
- Certification as a Human Resources Professional by the Society of Human Resources Management Organization
Responsibilities The Manager of Compensation is responsible for managing the development and implementation of a comprehensive compensation program for the non-academic, classified positions at Augusta University. The duties include, but are not limited to:
- Manage Compensation section by providing supervision and direction of staff assigned to Compensation team.
- Responsible for the development and administration of a compensation program for classified positions; maintain expert knowledge in areas of compensation design and classifications.
- Monitor the application of compensation policies, procedures and pay rates to ensure consistency and equity, and full compliance with wage and hour laws.
- Ensure the compensation program enhances the institution’s ability to recruit and retain qualified applicants and guide the Compensation Analysts with learning and developing these processes.
- Conduct and participate in market surveys; compile and interpret comparative market information to formulate recommendations for compensation ranges of classified positions.
- Establish and maintain contacts with external institutions to obtain market information and exchange information with others.
- Provide guidance to leadership on classification and compensation matters.
- Performs all other related duties/tasks as assigned.
Shift/Salary Shift: Days/M-F; However flexible to assist with departmental/division needs Pay Grade: 22 Salary to be commensurate with qualifications of selected candidate within the established range (generally minimum-midpoint) of the position Recruitment Period:Conditions of Employment All candidates are required to successfully pass a Background Check review prior to starting with Augusta University.Equal Employment Opportunity Augusta University is proud to be an equal opportunity employer welcoming applicants from underrepresented groups, including individuals with disabilities and veterans.Other Information This position is also responsible for promoting a customer friendly environment and providing superior service to our patients, students, faculty, and employees. "Augusta University is a patient-and family-centered care institution, where employees partner everyday with patients and families for success." Augusta University is a tobacco free environment and the use of any tobacco products on any part of the campus, both inside and outside, is strictly prohibited.
Share this job with your network:
Learn more on Inside Higher Ed's College Page for University