Facilities Maintenance Spec 2
Job Title: Facilities Maintenance Spec 2
Location: Augusta University
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Job ID: 218049
High School Diploma, GED, or equivalent from a State or Federal accrediting organization and a minimum of two years' directly related experience as a painter/carpenter.Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities Ability to maintain confidentialitySkilled with using hand and power toolsExcellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skillsProficient in Microsoft Office and other computer software/databasesKnowledge of casework fabrication/assembly/installation and roofing repairGeneral knowledge of all phases of building construction and with the use of personal computersPreferred Qualifications
Five or more years of experience in the field; Advanced technical training with the maintenance and construction field.Responsibilities The Facilities Maintenance Spec 2 is responsible for performing routine carpentry maintenance duties, casework construction services and roofing system repairs for all college buildings. The position may require performing on-call duties or occasional mandatory overtime and adjusted work schedule to support after hours work assignments. The duties include, but are not limited to:
- Provide routine maintenance repairs on building structural components and finishes such as acoustical ceiling systems, casework tops, drawers and doors, stair step treads, vinyl composition tile and carpet (minor repairs), wood and plastic trim, waterproofing components, drywall, etc.
- Construct and/or install structural components, casework, shelving, bulletin boards, bookcases, etc. in accordance with blueprints and/or oral instruction.
- Investigate roof and wall leaks; Make contact with work order requestor, protect or relocate equipment or valuables near the leaks, investigate and identify the source of the leak and coordinate repairs and clean-up as needed with other maintenance shops.
- Perform roofing repairs; Make repairs to various types of roofing systems (single-ply thermoplastic and epdm membranes, modified bilumen and multi-ply asphaltic roofing systems, asphalt and cedar shingles) and metal flashings.
- Perform scheduled carpentry and roofing preventative maintenance inspections of campus buildings noting and/or repairing found deficiencies.
- Assist Facilities Maintenance Spec 1 position(s) in completion of assigned tasks.
- Perform some administrative duties such as completing information necessary to close out work orders and preventative maintenance reports.
- Perform incidental duties such as erecting and moving scaffolding and ladders, operation of man-lifts and operation of motor vehicles. Perform all other related duties/tasks as assigned.