Job Title: Research Assistant
Location: Augusta University
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Job ID: 216521
Associate’s degree from an accredited college or university in chemistry, biology, biochemistry, cell biology or other natural, life, health care or materials science directly related to the research area to which the position is assigned and a minimum of three years' experience in a research, basic science or clinical setting particularly clinical trials researchKnowledge, Skills, & Abilities Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills.Familiarity with remote data entry and clinical data management.Ability to travel within Georgia and the US and maintain confidentiality.Ability to make sound, independent judgements and anticipate/address potential problems.Proficient in Microsoft Office and other computer software/databases or willingness to learn.Must be self-motivated, able to work independently, prioritize and understand/follow complex oral/written instructions.Preferred Qualifications Previous experience with academic medicine, research/drug studies, data entry and management of regulatory documents.SoCRA or ACRP CertificationResponsibilities The duties include, but are not limited to:
- Act as liaison end manage investigator-initiated, federal, multi-centered end Industry sponsored clinical trials.
- Coordinate activities with respective campus department to ensure successful study execution.
- Assist with the development of new research projects at our Hemophilia Treatment Center program, and exploring opportunities for grant funding for program needs.
- Submission of research proposals/projects to Augusta University regulatory departments. The preparation of paperwork includes implementing proposals in the following systems - eSproute, IRS, grants and contracts systems.
- Maintaining and opening studies for our hemophilia patients, submitting regulatory documents to IRB for ongoing and new studies, adverse event reporting, and reporting and entering patient data in ATHN WebTracker, Maintaining databases and entering data for other studies utilizing excel spreadsheets, powerchart office, etc.
- Participate in, industry sponsored studies to Include but not limited to CDC/ATHN studies. Assist during study visits to help with obtaining consent and ordering labs, etc.
- Assist with the preparation of study budget documents, annual reports requested by the funding agency, and with dally functions of the Hemophilia Treatment Center as requested.
- Perform all other related duties/tasks as assigned.