Facilities Svs Manager
Job Title: Facilities Svs Manager
Location: Summerville Campus
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Job ID: 216243
Bachelor of Science degree in Engineering, Building/Construction Management or Architecture from an accredited college or university with five years of management related experience combined with three years of facilities management experience at a university or college;
Associate’s degree from an accredited college or university in related field of study and eight years of management related experience combined with five years management experience at a university or college;
High School diploma, GED or equivalent from a recognized State or Federal accredited organization and eleven years of management related experience combined with eight years management experience at a university or college.
Must have valid driver’s license and meet qualifications to operate Augusta University vehicles.Departmental Requirements - Knowledge, Abilities & Skills Ability to maintain confidentiality and lift/carry up to 50 lbsExcellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skillsAbility to complete tasks within time parameters and budgetary limitsProficient in Microsoft Office and other computer software/databasesStrong organizational, prioritization, management and leadership skillsConsiderable knowledge of design and construction principles and practicesMust be able to motivate employees and consistently treat all employees fairlyMust be able to work independently as well as being a productive member of a teamMust be flexible, self-starting, people oriented person who can handle several tasks at one timeMust be self-motivated, possess the ability to work on several projects simultaneously, be able to make quick and accurate decisions, be able to think clearly and give direction in an emergency situationMaintain working knowledge of current state and federal environmental health and safety regulations, electrical, plumbing, heating and ventilation design codes and standards, and the Americans with Disabilities Act Preferred Ten to twenty years progressive and responsible experience in the operation and maintenance of multi-building complex preferably in an academic setting or any equivalent combination of training and experience. Diploma in Electrical Construction and Maintenance or equivalent trade diploma preferred. Responsibilities The duties include, but are not limited to: Supervise Physical Plant employees:
- Determine manpower requirements annually and recruit candidates as required during the year; Set maintenance goals, policies, programs and procedures; Complete annual performance evaluations and recommend appropriate salary increases; Listen, investigate and respond to all employee grievances
- Plan, assign and schedule the work of project superintendents and trades foremen engaged in building alterations, renovations, facilities and equipment maintenance; Supervise the operation of the computerized energy management system
- Coordinate work between various trade shops to ensure timely completion; Make recommendations relative to operational efficiency and for departmental policies and procedures
- Coordinate the purchasing of shop equipment; Assist in the preparation of the departmental operating budget; Prepare the annual Major Repair and Renovation (MRR) funding requests considering all campus facilities and severity of need
- Areas of responsibility include the campuses of Summerville, Forest Hills, University Village and Vehicle Services in HT
- Maintain spreadsheet for set-up, coordinates facilities set-ups for special events and scheduled to the satisfaction of the customer; Review monthly performance indicators on completion of preventive maintenance work orders and requested work orders and comply and submit periodic reports on work accomplished
- Make periodic checks from cost records and work status reports on projects to be accomplished and the outcome of work which has been completed; Consults with craftsmen, foremen, superintendents, academic or administrative personnel regarding job requirements and methods of achieving desired results
- Calculate, track and monitor campus energy usage; Participate in the formulation of yearly utility budgets; Monitor, measure, record and manage energy usage on campus through current network
- Monitor and plan operations through Johnson Controls HVAC network control system; Measure and meter electricity, natural gas and other systems on campus; Coordinate purchases of energy in conjunction with other Georgia state authorities and agencies
- Supervise Vehicle Services employees and additional administrative staff; Responsible for the maintenance of over 250 vehicles, utility carts and mobile equipment; Maintain records for driver certifications, fuel cards, vehicle registration, vehicle driving logs, vehicle purchase and surplus
- Perform all other related duties/tasks as required
Credit Check This position will require the acquisition of a P-Card and/or handle cash, credit or other sensitive information and will require a satisfactory Consumer Credit check as a condition of employment.
Other Information This position is also responsible for promoting a customer friendly environment and providing superior service to our patients, students, faculty, and employees. "Augusta University is a patient-and family-centered care institution, where employees partner everyday with patients and families for success." Augusta University is a tobacco free environment and the use of any tobacco products on any part of the campus, both inside and outside, is strictly prohibited.