GCHC DJJ Staff Nurse - Metro Atlanta, GA 19 hrs/week
Job Title: GCHC DJJ Staff Nurse - Metro Atlanta, GA 19 hrs/week
Location: Metro RYDC
Full/Part Time: Part-Time
Job ID: 213508
19 hours per week
Base Rate = $30.00 per hour
Licensed as a RN in the State of Georgia.
- 1 years of previous experience in a clinical setting.
- Good organizational and decision making skills; good physical and mental health; able to work under pressure; must relate well to patients, security staff, visitors and co-workers.
- Functions within the Georgia Board of Nursing Nurse Practice Act.
- Must have current Health Care Provider BCLS Certification, obtained through American Heart or Red Cross Program.
- Must be able to lift 50lbs. Normal bending, reaching, stooping. Standing and sitting for long periods of time. Must be able to move quickly in cases of emergency. Normal levels of hearing and seeing, if necessary, with corrective appliances. Must be able to perform BCLS.
- Security Clearance by the Georgia Department of Juvenile Justice.
Duties to include but are not limited to:
Under general direction of the GCHC-JH Lead Nurse - responsible for the delivery of patient care through the nursing process of assessment, planning, implementation, and evaluation . Guides patient teaching, nursing activities, and ancillary personnel. Also responsible for promoting a customer friendly environment and providing superior service to our youth, facility staff, family and outside vendors.
This position is also responsible for promoting a customer friendly environment and providing superior service to our patients, students, faculty, and employees. "Augusta University is a patient-and family-centered care institution, where employees partner everyday with patients and families for success."
Augusta University is a tobacco free environment and the use of any tobacco products on any part of the campus, both inside and outside, is strictly prohibited.
Georgia Correctional HealthCare (GCHC) is a Division of Augusta University. We are an equal employment, equal access, and equal educational opportunity and affirmative action institution. Also, Augusta University is a federal contractor and desires priority referrals of protected veterans. It is the policy of the University to recruit, hire, train, promote and educate persons without regard to age, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation or veteran status.
All candidates are to complete and successfully pass Pre-Employment requirements. This includes a Criminal History Record Release (and when applicable, a Physical Examination and Drug Screen).